Would this bother you? what should i do?

Hi, Your story is similar to mine. I bought a Louis Vuitton keepall 55 from and Ebay seller about a year ago and on the listing it looked great, it had been used but the seller made the bag sound awesome. He charged me $127 to send to the UK from the US. Then when the bag eventually come, it had scratch marks on it and was missing the luaggage tag, there were all sorts of marks on it. The seller also only spent $20 on postage and I had paid $127 and the seller put the bag in a box which was tiny...not even half the bags size. I was very dissapointed. I contacted the seller and he ignored all my e-mails so I made out a report with ebay and paypal. They said that I would need to get proof from my Local Louis Vuitton Store to say that things were missing and it was marked. As mypoupette have told me Louis Vuitton do not do this, but I contacted a Louis Vuitton representative and she said that If I took it down to the London store they could help me (London is about 6-7 hours away from me), I asked her could i be helped in my Local Manchester store and she said yes that would be ok. But I knew that If Louis Vuitton did do anything they would charge me $200 +, so I just waited for the seller to respond and didnt go to Louis Vuitton. Im glad I did this because later that week the seller offered me a refund if I sent the bag back.

Socialite said:
Hi, Your story is similar to mine. I bought a Louis Vuitton keepall 55 from and Ebay seller about a year ago and on the listing it looked great, it had been used but the seller made the bag sound awesome. He charged me $127 to send to the UK from the US. Then when the bag eventually come, it had scratch marks on it and was missing the luaggage tag, there were all sorts of marks on it. The seller also only spent $20 on postage and I had paid $127 and the seller put the bag in a box which was tiny...not even half the bags size. I was very dissapointed. I contacted the seller and he ignored all my e-mails so I made out a report with ebay and paypal. They said that I would need to get proof from my Local Louis Vuitton Store to say that things were missing and it was marked. As mypoupette have told me Louis Vuitton do not do this, but I contacted a Louis Vuitton representative and she said that If I took it down to the London store they could help me (London is about 6-7 hours away from me), I asked her could i be helped in my Local Manchester store and she said yes that would be ok. But I knew that If Louis Vuitton did do anything they would charge me $200 +, so I just waited for the seller to respond and didnt go to Louis Vuitton. Im glad I did this because later that week the seller offered me a refund if I sent the bag back.

argh! what a horror story. and $127 to ship?!!:rant: i am so happy that you got your refund back. thanks for sharing your experience with me.

keep us update dear..I hope the seller will sort thing out..

Why don't you give the nearest LV store a call and ask the estimate cost to repair it..may be you can tell seller about it and refund you the fixing amount..either way, it is great deal you get for that price . Good luck !!

lulilu, what the point is the seller DID NOT mention this! It's just the principle. I think it should have been mentioned, specially one missing stitch on the bag.

Since this bag will be used for travel, the chances of it being un stitched are high, as it is the structure where it is binded together. I would ask to see how much it would cost to get it repaired and as the seller if they are wlling to compinsate for it. If not, return the bag and get a refund then purchase a brand new one at the boutique.

GOOD luck... Keep us posted.

I think the seller could have just missed this, even though the scratch is pretty noticeable in the pic. Sellers are human too, and this one has 100% feedback, that's a good sign! I'd just see if the seller gets back to you and in the meantime get an estimate on the repair. It should all work out well in the end, good luck!

It is a used bag indeed, however we (the buyers) depend on the seller's description and pics as we cannot closely inspect the item up close so not disclosing this sort of flaw is not only wrong but unethical.
I can understand a spot or smudge being missed...but this huge scratch! Besides, that loose stich will cost her greatly in the future if left unfixed. This is a bag to travel and as such will get thrown and used...that loose stich hampers the bag's natural lifeline by half.

I agree with LV_Addict, get a quote from LV and have the seller reimburse you. You're not being picky, you paid good money for that bag and it did not grow on a tree.
I am sure if the seller had mentioned the scratches and loose stitch he/she wouldn't have gotten the bag sold for much on ebay....or maybe he/she would have, but at least the buyer would have known...and thus, given the option to take the bag AS IS.

GL...I hope everything turns out fine for you.

ShoulderEyeCandy said:
lulilu, what the point is the seller DID NOT mention this! It's just the principle. I think it should have been mentioned, specially one missing stitch on the bag.

Since this bag will be used for travel, the chances of it being un stitched are high, as it is the structure where it is binded together. I would ask to see how much it would cost to get it repaired and as the seller if they are wlling to compinsate for it. If not, return the bag and get a refund then purchase a brand new one at the boutique.

GOOD luck... Keep us posted.

yeah I totally agree with you, Imagine if this seller sold some D&G G-strings but for got to add they were stained...would you still want them ? Imagine the horror

vanojr9 said:
Sellers are human too, and this one has 100% feedback, that's a good sign!quote]
vanojr9 said:
While 100% feedback is a good way of telling whether you're dealing with a reputable seller on ebay, this is not ALWAYS the case. I know of many fakers on ebay with 100% feedback. As a matter of fact LuxuryIvy had 100% f/b up until a couple of months ago and I know for a fact that he sells fake Gucci.
I also know of many reputable authentic LV seller that do not have 100% f/b. One just have to be careful.

I'm having a really hard time bidding on ebay. I've been buying new since I got a fake and this kind of stuff really freaks me out.... sorry... but $610 is still a lotta $$$$.... it's not you, it's me...