Would this bother you on a new Pochette Metis?

bonsai22

Feb 3, 2015
I purchased a pochette metis over the phone. I love this bag! After inspecting it though, I noticed the back zipper has a lot of scratches. I know scratches are inevitable but not when it's brand new and I haven't even used it. I wonder if mine was a return. Would this bother you? I'm going to attach pictures.IMG_1489345403.434912.jpgIMG_1489345509.747329.jpg

Reactions: hello.lv
I have to do all of my purchases online and I think I've only had one item that was free from scratches, even though some of the items I've had have only been 2 or 3 weeks old, and so unlikely/less likely to be returns. So long as the leather or canvas on an item is fine I'd say it's a keeper.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
I could live with that since its at the back of the bag. Plus I think eventually it would end up like that if using as a cross body with the zipper banging on the plate bit when walking around, back of bag touching side of the body. If it's perfect overall apart from that. I would keep it. The risk is getting another bag that might have bigger flaws like crooked S lock and misaligned monogram placement, glazing issues. As you probably know the PM seems to have a few issues. I have the reverse version and have a few flaws. But I can live with them it's not defective at least.

I could live with that since its at the back of the bag. Plus I think eventually it would end up like that if using as a cross body with the zipper banging on the plate bit when walking around, back of bag touching side of the body. If it's perfect overall apart from that. I would keep it. The risk is getting another bag that might have bigger flaws like crooked S lock and misaligned monogram placement, glazing issues. As you probably know the PM seems to have a few issues. I have the reverse version and have a few flaws. But I can live with them it's not defective at least.

Mine is the reverse monogram as well. I love the bag and since it's limited edition (at least from what I've been told) I'm torn on whether to keep or return but you make a valid point that the placement of the zipper makes scratched inevitable.

I have to do all of my purchases online and I think I've only had one item that was free from scratches, even though some of the items I've had have only been 2 or 3 weeks old, and so unlikely/less likely to be returns. So long as the leather or canvas on an item is fine I'd say it's a keeper.

Thanks for your reply. I don't like to be too picky and everything else is pretty good.

Since you asked for opinions, I will throw in mine- it would bother me. It is just a matter of time before the scratched shiny electroplate will wear down to base metal. It is brand new- if you had purchased it pre-owned at a discount, I would say live with it. But not a brand new full retail item. But that is me- I know it is hard to find and it may be the best out there now. If you cannot live without it, keep it. Otherwise, save your money for something perfect.

Reactions: JazzyMac and Leyila
Thanks for your reply. I don't like to be too picky and everything else is pretty good.
It really depends on how much the scratch bothers you; the most important thing is to be happy with your purchase so do exchange if needed, but with a bag that's in limited supply though I'd worry about exchanging it and ending up with a one with a more salient problem. It's annoying as you'd expect more care from a high end brand, but my orders never seem to come with protective covers on the hardware and so have scratches, which tbh is a bit of an oversight imo. Still I don't think the scratches are noticeable when in use, and will happen anyway, so it doesn't worry me.

It really depends on how much the scratch bothers you; the most important thing is to be happy with your purchase so do exchange if needed, but with a bag that's in limited supply though I'd worry about exchanging it and ending up with a one with a more salient problem. It's annoying as you'd expect more care from a high end brand, but my orders never seem to come with protective covers on the hardware and so have scratches, which tbh is a bit of an oversight imo. Still I don't think the scratches are noticeable when in use, and will happen anyway, so it doesn't worry me.

That worries me, too. I'd hate to return and get another with bigger problems than scratched hardware. I agree it's annoying that they don't put protective covers on all the hardware especially for a bag that is close to 2000.00. I really do love the bag and don't want to regret returning it and ending up with nothing over some scratches.

Reactions: dotty8