Would this bother you...am I being too picky??

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I called several dept. stores looking for this bag and was put on a waiting list and felt lucky I got the bag. I believe this bag is sold out so I really don't have the option to exchange it for another one. I probably won't return it since I really do love this bag and the color is gorgeous. From far away it's not noticeable. I just noticed these spots while doing my up-close OCD inspection.:lol:

My brown VL tote has dots like that too. At first I obsessed about it but after viewing photos of other VL's, realized it was part of the distressed leather and I would probably find dots on another if I had one sent. Now that I've had the bag for over a year it doesn't even bother me. And I, too, found mine upon close-up inspection! I didn't even notice them right away.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I called several dept. stores looking for this bag and was put on a waiting list and felt lucky I got the bag. I believe this bag is sold out so I really don't have the option to exchange it for another one. I probably won't return it since I really do love this bag and the color is gorgeous. From far away it's not noticeable. I just noticed these spots while doing my up-close OCD inspection.:lol:

Molly, isn't it the most gorgeous color?!!!:love:

I doubt they are pen or pencil marks. Most likely they are there due to how new lambskins are. I'd seen larger and worse marks on these new lambskin bags. Why, a totally new pink one I saw once had these tiny red dots all over around the back pocket, as if it was suffering from a skin disease and breaking out a rash! I really doubt your bag was used and marked by someone else.

at a few 100 maybe but at that price....oh yeah i would be annoyed as well.
you pay that price for brand, and craftsmanship. your bag should be perfect

I have the same bag and mine has little dots all over the bag, at first I was disappointed but realized its in the leather itself - don't know why and not a defect. I was thinking about exchanging it for another, but thought they might have the same marks as well. Reading your post actually made me feel better, that I didn't go through all the trouble to exchange for a new bag as this may just be inherent in the leather.

It's just such a beautiful color and I love how squishy it is, I was never a fan of the jumbo b/c they always looked so boxy on me, but the distressed lamb is fabulous.

Anyway, enjoy your bag and wear it in good health.

i get bothered by little details too, but from your response, you seem ok with it now? i guess being annoyed by the spots is easier to deal with than feeling remorse for returning a bag that may be hard to find...i say keep it if you can deal with the spots.

You have every right to expect a bag with no "blemishes". I bought a purple reissue that had a glue spot on the front, sent it back to have it fixed, got it back and now I can't get rid of the solvent smell, that they used to get the glue off. I thoroughly understand your situation and hope you get it taken care of.