Would this bother anyone?

Angel124ev

O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
This is my 2nd time exchanging this boy bag since the first two had peeling issues. This bag has no issues but i noticed a little scuff on the edge of the bag. It is kinda bothering me but my bf said to stop being picky since the bag will show wear with time. I also dont want to annoy my SA anymore then i already have. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 878
Hmmm, it would annoy me even though it will probably happen sometime down the road but I rather be the one who caused it. The thing is, would you be able to change it a third time?

Hmm I know how frustrating that can be. Maybe you can try your luck with a different store to exchange it?

Is this your ideal combo? I've had these kinda issues before on my ideal combo. It was e only one left and so I had no option to change it anywhere in the world. So I just learn to accept it sigh. N then life throws me other annoying stuff to focus on anw haha

When I picked up my boy, it too had one scuff on it. As much as I wanted to change it, I knew I would do it myself anyway so I just let it go. If it really bugs you, it bugs you. I personally don't mind as long as it's not on the face.

Gorgeous boy!!! Have you tried buffing it with baby wipes? Perhaps it will come out?

I, too, think that as long as the scratch isn't on the face of the bag it wouldn't bother me.

But if it's something you can't live with and/or won't be able to stop staring at, then exchange it. We pay a pretty penny for these bags afterall.

Reactions: Angel124ev
Gorgeous boy!!! Have you tried buffing it with baby wipes? Perhaps it will come out?

I, too, think that as long as the scratch isn't on the face of the bag it wouldn't bother me.

But if it's something you can't live with and/or won't be able to stop staring at, then exchange it. We pay a pretty penny for these bags afterall.

I am going to exchange the bag today. Hopefully 4th time is the charm lol. I will update you all today

I am in the boat that a Chanel bag must look perfect [emoji108] at the outset - at least outside front of it. However I did accept lining not quite sitting right on the inside on my khakhi boy. Not bothered as once its filled I did not keep a fuss at all - just enjoyed its beauty too much!

Are you not thoroughly inspecting your bag before leaving the store? This to me seems more significant that the previous issues you've experienced so it would be a no go. If you are not physically going into the store then perhaps ask for tons of pics before accepting the item. This is what I had to do when I purchased my Coco Handle since we do not have any stores here in Birmingham and the one I got was in Boston. I had the SA send tons of pics, both her and the manager inspected it for me as well. Good luck!

Being honest...for the money I'm spending, it damn well should have NO scratches, pulls, peeling, marks, etc. I would return it. If the FOURTH one has a problem, then the issue is with Chanel and NOT you for being picky. We're talking THOUSANDS of dollars here...COME ON CHANEL!!

Reactions: Angel124ev
What it shows is how easily beige leather scuffs. I returned a beige Chanel bag within 2 weeks with scuffs around the top of bag and they gave me credit, but that was some years ago. Since then, I’ve never again purchased a light colored leather bag. Scuffs happen,, so either return it , or as your BF said, realize it won’t be the last ones you see.

Reactions: imgg and DZK
i think it looks pretty minor, and any leather bag (or probably any material) is going to get a scuff or scratch at some point if you use it. Costing a lot doesn't make it perfect and immune to realities of the material. If it bothers you then return/exchange if you can, but you have to realize your SA might be annoyed as you said, and that might impact how helpful they are with future purchases.