Would these bags be worth buying to repair them?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have the opportunity to buy 3 bags that have turnlock issues. The guy is charging me $20 each.
    How hard is it to replace the turnlocks? It looks like the black Legacy just needs the brass plate, the Cricket needs the turnlock, and the signature Legacy bag needs both.

Would it be worth it to buy them?

Attached Files:

2. At $20.00 for each bag, that is a Great deal, and I don't think it would be too hard to fix their issue's!

3. My concern would be, are they real??? $20 a bag seems like a great deal but if they are Foaches, then you are out $60 of your hard earned money!

I would get them authenticated before you make your final decison.

Good Luck!

Lynne :biggrin:

4. I'm not sure that first bag looks authentic. Have you had them authenticated? Coach will send you replacement turnlocks, but it's no good if the bag isn't real.

5. It would be $20 (for return shipping) to have Coach fix one if you drop it off at a store, I sent one away before. But I'm not sure how it would work if you dropped all 3 off together...

6. #6 Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    I am sure they're authentic, no worries there. :smile:. I think the reason it looks off is because the brass plate for the turnlock is missing.
    The gentleman I'm buying them from has sold me a lot of 5 Coach bags for $285 so it's apparent he doesn't know the value of his wifes' Coach bags. :smile:

Can/does Coach repair these types of problems? Can I repair them on my own?

7. I have brought 2 different bags into my Coach store with missing turnlocks, they sent them off for repair and the turnlocks were replaced. I don't know about the 'plate' part of them though, I would call JAX and ask.