Would the cerf tote.....

1. There are a few of us looking for a good bag to carry a laptop (14.5''x 10" x 1" ) around in. I wondered if the cerf tote would be suitable for this?

2. I don't think I'd use the Cerf for a laptop because it's totally open at the top... a laptop costs several thousand dollars, and I'd hate to have rain get on it, or it fall out if you tip the bag by accident.

Also, the Cerf doesn't have a lot of cushioning at the base - again, not good for the computer.

Shhhhhh, I shouldn't say this on the Chanel board, but I would actually look at the LV line for some laptop bags... the Taiga line is a bit masculine, but they have some sleek laptop bags that would be much better designed that fully close, with pockets for stuff like cords, CD,s, etc...

3. Thanks, I will do that. Does the same go for the grand shopper?

4. I haven't looked at the Grand Shopper that closely, so I don't remember if it closes at the top or not.

I'm probably a bit paranoid about laptops... my DH accidentally dropped mine a couple of times, and there's NO WAY a Chanel bag would have had enough protection to save it. We were lucky that in a couple of years, that only a surface crack in the corner has appeared.

5. Hi, I have the cerf bag. I don't put the laptop in it. Mine's an IBM, so it's heavy. the cerf bag can hold your files, but definitely not a laptop. Plus, you don't want to ruin the bag by putting your laptop in it. Also, it makes the bag heavier with a laptop in it.

6. The other girls have already given some really solid advice. Just to add though, the cerf does have two magnetic buttons to help semi-close the bag, but I've always been paranoid about the magnets damaging my LCD screen. >.<

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice