Travel Would LOVE your input -- deciding on a cruise... maybe!

Apr 15, 2009
I've been blessed in the last 1.5 years to go on 3 cruises, 2 x 7 days, and 1 x 10 days. One was a "girls" cruise with friends, and 2 were with DH. We also have a 14 day Caribbean cruise booked for Jan 2010.

We are spending money on travel that we SHOULD be using to update our washer/dryer, TV, hot tub repairs, and just "making do" with the foibles of our existing items :smile:

I have the chance to go on a 5 day cruise in late Sept, DH can't go. He's supportive of me going, and has even offered to pay the cruise portion (not airfare). The total cost (hotels, airfare, cruise costs, lost income) would come VERY close to replacing the washing machine with a nice new fancy-schmancy one.

Could I get your opinions, please? I've got a cabin on hold, no money down yet. I'm really conflicted -- otherwise I wouldn't be posting on a chat forum for advice :biggrin:

As much as I love cruising...I've been on 11...I would side with getting the things needed for your home. This is the first summer in a very long time that we haven't taken a nice vacation. I wanted to use the money for some new carpet.

Thanks for the replies. I've decided I'm not going on the cruise, and will put the money into a retirement savings plan (that will give me a bit of a tax break this year).... so no cruise, no fancy-schmancy washing machine .... and I would SO love one of the front loaders with steam. I'll just have to be happy with my rather old, still functional machine for now :smile: