Would like help deciding on a purse!

shadowplay

Nov 30, 2015
Hello all, I'm new here! Currently I'm a graduate student and I'm looking to buy myself a bag as a birthday present/reward for doing well in school/way to treat myself since this semester I'll be taking classes full time, doing 2 internships, and another job part time. I think I've narrowed it down to a Burberry Medium Banner, but would like help deciding between a couple options.

I'm in between this one, which is a slightly softer leather and I adore the check lining, and this beauty. I love the mahogany red color - it's absolutely gorgeous. The lining is more plain, but the leather seems a bit sturdier.

I'm looking for a good bag that I can use for just about anything - big enough to carry a couple notebooks and other school stuff in, professional enough that I can take to my internships/future job, but also pretty enough that I'd love it for everyday use when I'm going out.

Both are great choices, but I'm leaning towards the black, mainly because it's versatile and the leather on the mahogany seems saffiano-like, which I'm not the biggest fan of since the leather "essence" to me is not there, but it is more resistant to abuse since it is treated leather.

Both are great choices, but I'm leaning towards the black, mainly because it's versatile and the leather on the mahogany seems saffiano-like, which I'm not the biggest fan of since the leather "essence" to me is not there, but it is more resistant to abuse since it is treated leather.

Yes, that's what I'm a bit back and forth about. I hear you about the "essence" of the leather, but I may need something a tad sturdier. Thank you for your input!

Both choices are great. But I'd go with the black bag because of it being more versatile and won't clash with your outfits. I work in a very professional work environment so I would go with the first bag.

Both choices are great. But I'd go with the black bag because of it being more versatile and won't clash with your outfits. I work in a very professional work environment so I would go with the first bag.
ah, thank you! I see what you mean. Black is definitely a staple you can never have too much of.
I'm honestly tempted to get both, even though I don't need two banner bags :amuse:

You should check out both bags in person & see which one you like more. I found the colors of the banner bags much more muted. Also be careful of contents of the bag poking out & making dents on the soft leather banner as in the stock photos. Alternatively the black banner bag comes in grainy leather too :smile:

You should check out both bags in person & see which one you like more. I found the colors of the banner bags much more muted. Also be careful of contents of the bag poking out & making dents on the soft leather banner as in the stock photos. Alternatively the black banner bag comes in grainy leather too :smile:

very true :smile: I have seen a couple pictures of the mahogany red where it looks more neutral/muted than it does on the website. still looks to be a gorgeous color, just need to see in person!

I found the red a little dead in real life, but your taste may differ. The black is kind of boring too. Why not look at the Clifton? The embossed check on the side adds a little visual interest & the whole bag looks professional.

I found the red a little dead in real life, but your taste may differ. The black is kind of boring too. Why not look at the Clifton? The embossed check on the side adds a little visual interest & the whole bag looks professional.

that's a nice recommendation! I'll check it out in person. I think the banner bag might be more my personal style, but the Clifton looks like it might be another good one to consider.

Which one did you end up deciding on? They're both pretty but I just got the Mahogany Red Medium Banner and it is gorgeous! I thought about black being possibly more versatile, but I just couldn't resist the mahogany. It's so sophisticated and luxe looking.

I'm going with the mahogany red. I kept telling myself that the black would be the better, more versatile option but the mahogany color makes my heart skip a beat and I know I'd regret not getting it.