Would it work?

PinkCapulet

Pretty in Pink!!
Feb 21, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello my fellow TPF-ers!
Hope as the holidays draw near I hope my little nose butt in finds you well. I have a question (don't I always!?) I have come across a beautiful, like new Sprouse Rose Speedy. Since I was not able to get my hands on the graffiti one, I am seriously eye-ing the roses. Now, my favorite color is pink (who knew, right?) and I love monogram bags because to me, brown and pink work. I wear pink in almost EVERY outfit and was wondering if you guys and gals think the roses, though not a ton of pink, would look weird with a pink outfit? Should I hold out until I find the pink graffiti bag? Help a pink girl out!?

TeddyLV

Oct 10, 2011
Florida
I don't think the Rose Speedy would look weird w/ pink outfits. However, if I were you, I'd try to wear something that doesn't have too much pink or too much design because the Speedy is already an eye-catcher :biggrin:

LVshopah0lic

May 31, 2011
My favorite color is pink too! I would wait to find the pink graffiti bag bc that's my HG!! & I'm not a big fan of the roses.. But if u get it I think the amount of pink in your outfit should be minimal..

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
Get it only if you really love it -- don't settle for the Roses Speedy when you really want the Graffifi Speedy. I like Graffiti more than Roses (I have the fuchsia Graffifi Speedy).

AAdams

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
Lone Star State
I have both speedys and have worn pink with the Roses many times. I love pink as well but you don't want to wear something that competes with the bag. A pink scarf, flats or a lighter/pale pink blouse would look lovely with the Roeses bag. IMO, the Pink graffiti is not as pink as the pink in the Roses bag, it's more of a coral/pink color so I'm not sure how it would look paired the same.

I tend to wear more neutral colors like black, gray, white when I carry the graffiti.

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
I think it will work fine. I think the pink graffiti may actually be too much unless you find the right complimenting shades

piglett

live. love. life.
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
i think that you should settle for the roses speedy unless you truely want and will love it.

otherwise i would just continue the search for the graffitti and not leave the roses speedy unused and kept in storage :yes:

erica_cfu

Mar 11, 2011
Europe
i think it would look nice. However, i'm not a fan of roses speedy and i really like graffiti speedy. why not wait for the one you really want in the first place? i' m sure it'll come up! good luck!

PinkCapulet

Pretty in Pink!!
Feb 21, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I really love the Pink Graffiti! I think that would be a better suited for me. I like the unique style of both, I'm just wondering about using it with like, everyday wear. What do you think about it as an everyday bag?

Dawn72

Yogi Mama
Dec 9, 2010
Always in Zen
I prefer the roses to the graffiti, but buy what you like.
Yes i think it can be an everyday bag as long as you keep your clothes simple.
If you want to wear pink clothes and carry a pink speedy, keep the lines clean, ie, no ruffles, too much patterns, etc on the clothes :smile:

specme

O.G.
Jan 22, 2011
Katy Tx
I would do the pink graffiti over the roses.
But since you love mono bags and pink, have you looked into a mon mono speedy with the fushia as your main mono/ stripe color ?