Would it bother you if your new Fendi did not have an authenticity card?

melsig

Apr 9, 2017
Hello, Newbie here again. I have been having some issues with authenticity cards lately. As I mentioned in the 2jours thread, I am still talking to Bergdorf Good man about a 2jours authenticity card that had been covered by a price tag. In the meantime, I had been thinking about going ahead and buying a Peekaboo whipstitch instead. I had an opportunity to buy one I had been coveting from the downtown Neiman Marcus, and I took it. It arrived today, and it's gorgeous - but it's missing the authenticity card. When I called, the SA spoke with her manager - she said that Fendi bags sold by NM do not come with authenticity cards. This actually has not been my experience with NM - I previously ordered (and returned) a Fendi from their on-line store, and it totally came with the appropriate card. So now I'm wondering: is this really a big deal? Do I think this is a problem just because I am inexperienced at buying premier handbags? Maybe this happens routinely, and I just need to let it go? Would love to have a more experienced perspective on this. Thanks so much.

Hello, Newbie here again. I have been having some issues with authenticity cards lately. As I mentioned in the 2jours thread, I am still talking to Bergdorf Good man about a 2jours authenticity card that had been covered by a price tag. In the meantime, I had been thinking about going ahead and buying a Peekaboo whipstitch instead. I had an opportunity to buy one I had been coveting from the downtown Neiman Marcus, and I took it. It arrived today, and it's gorgeous - but it's missing the authenticity card. When I called, the SA spoke with her manager - she said that Fendi bags sold by NM do not come with authenticity cards. This actually has not been my experience with NM - I previously ordered (and returned) a Fendi from their on-line store, and it totally came with the appropriate card. So now I'm wondering: is this really a big deal? Do I think this is a problem just because I am inexperienced at buying premier handbags? Maybe this happens routinely, and I just need to let it go? Would love to have a more experienced perspective on this. Thanks so much.

It would bother me not to have an authenticity card at all, but I personally don't mind the price tag cover the card, and I think that NM SA or the manager is either lying or just plain clueless. Each bag is supposed to come with an authenticity card regardless of who's the retailer. Tho in Dept. store I'm sure they often got lost.

Thank you very much for your input @hikarupanda. Everything you say makes sense to me. I should probably add that the original SA who sold me the bag (she was not working today) worked very hard to obtain permission for me to use a 20% off "apology" coupon I had from NM for an older botched transaction. So I have to weigh whether that $900 off is worth not having the authenticity card. I don't really have any concerns about authenticity per se.

Thank you very much for your input @hikarupanda. Everything you say makes sense to me. I should probably add that the original SA who sold me the bag (she was not working today) worked very hard to obtain permission for me to use a 20% off "apology" coupon I had from NM for an older botched transaction. So I have to weigh whether that $900 off is worth not having the authenticity card. I don't really have any concerns about authenticity per se.

Now, if you actually get a $900 discount and the bag is in perfect condition and you love it then I maybe ok with that. The authenticity card really doesn't prove the bag authenticity tbh, I just like to have the "complete" package especially since I do sell bag I don't use. But if you know coming from NM it's authentic and the bag itself is in perfect condition, and you don't plan to sell it in the future anyways, then just enjoy it! [emoji4]

The bag is "authentic" & that for me would be primary in my mind. The authenticity card is always a plus but if you
love the bag I would not hesitate to purchase it.
Enjoy as it is a pretty bag & great pop of color

Thank you, @hikarupanda and @hotshot. Well, after a lifetime of carrying very plain, neutral-looking Coach bags, I finally decided to invest in a (couple) really nice bags. I guess it's difficult for me not to think, "If it's this expensive, I must have everything that's supposed to come with it!! Where's the card??" I guess I need to calm down a little...

It's a pretty bag!! [emoji7]

Thank you! At first I thought it was too bright and maybe the whipstitching was too trendy looking (the last 3 bags I purchased were all black), but then I realized a) I really love the whipstitching, b) I never pay attention to trends anyway and c) that shade of purple actually complements about 90% of my current wardrobe.

Your Peekaboo is so pretty, melsig! Wonderful color! :loveeyes: Big congrats! :tup: Btw, I don't worry if cards are not included or have a price tag on them as long as I know where the bag comes from. Besides, tPF has great authenticators if necessary. ;)
Thank you so much for responding! I am starting to feel more comfortable about the whole situation. Also, I have already relied on tPF authenticators once already. The community here is wonderful - I spent a while lurking here trying to educate myself about various brands and figuring out what I liked. I still made the mistake of buying up sale items first because they were less expensive (the returns department of the local store knows me too well, I'm afraid) - but I feel I am on the right track, finally.

Reactions: crisbac