would Chanel fix this resin?

brandi21

O.G.
Jun 25, 2008
So I bought the large cc delivery pre-loved and when I got it, it looked great. I have been playing around with it and just noticed cracking in the handles! I didn't notice that it was like this before...so it must have been my fault, but I can't imagine what I did to it. It's like this on the other side (this is the back of the bag) and also starting to do it on the front. I have only tried on this bag (albeit, several times because I like playing with it) but I don't recall bumping it on anything. :\
IMG_4367.JPG

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
Not where I'd like to be
I do not believe Chanel wil repair bags that were not directly purchased from them but instead come from the secondary market. Unless your name is on an account that shows you bought the bag you may have to look at one of the repair services such as Leather Surgeons.

brandi21

O.G.
Jun 25, 2008
I do not believe Chanel wil repair bags that were not directly purchased from them but instead come from the secondary market. Unless your name is on an account that shows you bought the bag you may have to look at one of the repair services such as Leather Surgeons.
They've actually repaired a WOC I have that I bought pre-loved so at least for the Houston boutique, that wasn't the case. But do you think the leather surgeons would be able to do it?

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
Not where I'd like to be
That's great to hear! All my Chanel bags were purchased from a boutique but one of my friends was told that they wouldn't repair her pre-loved Reissue. Maybe it depends on the type of work a bag needs? Leather surgeons have a pretty amazing reputation and there have been threads all over tPF showing their great work. If Chanel can't/won't fix the crack I would definitely contact LS.