Would appreciate your input!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Hi, ladies. I'm more of a Gucci girl, but back in 2007, I was able to get the gray Modern Chain medium flap bag at a Neiman's sale for about $1200, versus the $1700 retail. I have a daughter who I bought it for and thought she'd be THRILLED to carry it once she hit her late teens. Flash forward to 2015 and I have an outdoorsy jock who thinks spendy purses are the stupidest things ever. So, now I'm torn. The bag still has the tags attached, has never been carried and is a great color (grayish-brown) that goes with everything. I like a smaller bag, so the size is acceptable, as well. Here's my question...at age 57, am I too old to be carrying an edgy bag like this (remember, this one has a very thick chain)? I'm more of a jeans/tunic type dresser. I sent to Yoogi's for a quote and haven't hear back. Since this Modern Chain line came out in 2007, should I hang on to it as it may become more valuable/desirable in time? It's making me sad to thinnk of selling a brand new bag, but the hip look of it may conflict with my age. What to do???

2. I would say wear what you want, so if you like the bag use it and enjoy!

3. I think u can rock it :smile:! And now she is a jock but when she hits her 20s she might have a change of heart, I say keep it!

4. One is never old to wear any style.. My personal opinion. If you like the bag.. Wear it.

5. since you've never used it and since your daughter shows no interest, i'd sell it. she might want it later, but how much later. and what if she never wants it at all. she has her own style and may never appreciate the bag. and since you haven't used it either in so many years it's obviously not a purchase that made your heart soar. i say sell, and either get something that you want for yourself or use the money to let your daughter pick out something she can enjoy right now.

6. I don't think anyone is ever to old for Chanel! Even the edger styles!!! If, you like it wear it. If, don't sell it. Best luck:smile:

7. There's no ageism in Chanel! Wear what YOU like!

8. Thanks for the thoughtful replies, ladies...you've def been a help! I think I might keep it and use myself!

9. As long as you like it, you can rock it regardless of age :smile:

10. I think that's a great idea, you've got a beautiful bag so use and enjoy it yourself :biggrin:

11. If you like the style yourself, I would say start enjoying it! you can still give it to your daughter down the road if her tastes change. If you don't see yourself carrying it, let it go and get something that you think you'd enjoy more!

12. Keep and wear it!