Would a Sonia make a GREAT Business Bag?

Jul 4, 2007
I am on the hunt for the perfect tote for Job Interviews (I freelance) and weekends. A TPfer suggested the Emile Tote but I can't find one anywhere (let alone on sale). I like the look of the Sonia. What do you think?
I tend to live in jeans but for interviews wear pants. I tend to wear black or grey pants with black shoes. I found a brown Sonia on Sale but am not sure about the brown with the black. Thoughts...help!

I haven't seen it in person, but I think it's a great work/business bag. Could pass in any type of work environment too, I think - conservative, funky, you name it. Personally, I'd go for black esp since you're going on interviews... and you'll know it goes w/everything so there'd never be any question...

I am wearing mine right now on my way home from a job interview!! It's perfect - sleek and classically simple and holds a ton. Carried my laptop, HH barrel case, clutch wallet, ballet flats for the airport, leather portfolio, and power cord no problem. Mine is in anthracite which keeps things interestingly blingy for me :smile:

Yes, I bought a sonia in cordovan for work and I think it's perfect. It has three compartments so it makes organizing things easy. Also, the size is great for files.

I really want one f these bags but can't order it until the end of the week. My cc has been lost / stolen and I had to cancel it and have another sent. It should be here by the end of the week and I can place an order then.

It's good that I have to wait as I think the black is the best color for me but the brown is beautiful and I have seen it on sale.

Thanks to all of you for your help and introducing me to these beautiful bags.

I am on the hunt for the perfect tote for Job Interviews (I freelance) and weekends. A TPfer suggested the Emile Tote but I can't find one anywhere (let alone on sale). I like the look of the Sonia. What do you think?
I tend to live in jeans but for interviews wear pants. I tend to wear black or grey pants with black shoes. I found a brown Sonia on Sale but am not sure about the brown with the black. Thoughts...help!

The Sonia makes a great biz bag. I carry mine to board meetings and its an Anthracite like Jan's. I received the Emile today and can say that it is a close sister... or fraternal twin. This is how they compare:

Both are about identical in size. Comparable height and width. Comparable thickness (at the bottom). The side gusset on the Emile tapers in towards the top while the Sonia is rectangular.

The Sonia's top corners are squared like a tote. The Emile's top is rounded like a bowler.

The Sonia has magnetic top closure entry with a foldover turnlock tab. Emile has zip closure entry.

Both have double straps. The Sonia's has rolled handles. The Emile has flat handles.

Both have similar buckle-type detailing at, or toward, each bottom of the corner.

The Emile has outside pockets while Sonia has inside pockets (three sections). So think "external storage" with Emile - "internal" storage with Sonia. I like the three sections in Sonia for when you want to keep your laptop secure away from everything else.

My favorite work bags for meeting with people are the Sonia, Emile and Trophy. My favorite bum around bag or casual work day bag is the havana.

My favorite bag for carrying all the supplies for a "rugged" work day off site is the Corcovado because it easily handles large objects like books, shoes, change of clothes, salad bowls, pizza boxes, six-packs, etc. It is basically can serve as a tail-gate party on one shoulder. I pack my cameras, books, story boards, lunch, multiple bottles of water, as well as my standard purse fare and go from dawn to dusk with it.

Hope this helps.

Here are two pics!
attachment.php

attachment.php

I use my black Sonia for work and it is perfect - stylish, fits tons of stuff (including laptop), easy to access wallet/keys/etc in front pocket, etc. I get complimented on it all the time.

Jan - thanks for the pics - great outfit and the anthracite Sonia is so cool! I didn't realize it was so big (you know, b/c since the HH pics make all the bags look ginormous even when they're not, I can barely tell anymore).