Would a 'sale' stamp prevent your from buying?

It wouldn't matter at all to me. I've bought items stamped "S" and never even think about it or remember that it even has the "S". If the "S" were in a very obvious place where I would see it every time I used the item, then I'm not sure. But with shawls, for example, it doesn't matter in the least.

A sale stamp would not preent me from buying an item that I want/like. But I want to know about this before buying the item. I don't want surprises like that.

I am a regular at the Paris sales and I have always bought very nice things. The only thing annoying me is the S stamp on the front of the silk or even so bold that it's seen on front. Sometimes I am lucky and things have no stamp at all. But what's even more important is lack of flaws. I always pass when I see faults.:smile:

As I am new to H i would like to know the general feeling about sale items being re-sold.
Would it put you off a purchase if it was a sale item?
I really don't know where i stand- i mean obviously if there are no flaws etc then the value to 'me' should be the same- but is it?....

Only if the seller deliberately conceals the fact that it is a sale item, and prices it close to retail to make a huge margin.

no not at all ,probably i would if it were to , agresive and actually looses the hermes class well then.......but hermes in my experiance has allways been simple and hidden so no not a problem in my case

Only if the seller deliberately conceals the fact that it is a sale item, and prices it close to retail to make a huge margin.

ITA with ^^. Having said that, I would also happily pay a huge markup for an openly disclosed sale item if I had to have it.

Buy what you love.

Personally, I'd jump at the chance of a sale item with the stamp anywhere.... so long as it wasn't a sloppy ink stamp that was made a mess of.

I like things that are unusual, and think the S stamp is kinda cool. Almost like a mark of "look what I managed to find", if you know what I mean.

But then again I guess I'm strange. :P :amuse: