Would a 'sale' stamp prevent your from buying?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. As I am new to H i would like to know the general feeling about sale items being re-sold.
    Would it put you off a purchase if it was a sale item?
    I really don't know where i stand- i mean obviously if there are no flaws etc then the value to 'me' should be the same- but is it?....

2. To me it is not about the price or sale stamp... it is about how much I love an item. I bought my grail shawl (CSMC in black and naturel) at the Paris sale and it's my most worn H item to date.

3. you mean the one with the S stamp? if it's something that I really want, why not? it's not like Hermès is going to decline refurbishing it someday.

it's a non-issue to me.

4. It would be the same to me, I have bought sale items being resold at a premium. There would have to be no flaws and a HTF design though.

5. ¨^^
    Same here, if I really want something I´d buy it regardless. I would prefer if it was openly disclosed and with no issues if I were to pay a premium.

6. I would want to know, but I wouldnt care.
    if it was something I really wanted, bring it on!!!

7. I've bought sale scarves - I don't think twice about it. It's the scarf I care about.

8. I bought two shawls and a scarf at the sale - makes no difference to me. I would resent paying top dollar for a sale item, knowing that the seller did not pay full price, but then I'm cheap.

9. It wouldn't put me off as long as it was stated that it WAS a sale item - If I want it, then just because somebody else was lucky enough to find it at a sale wouldn't make any difference to me. Its the age old saying isn't it - something is only worth what somebody will pay for it! If its a rare item and you really want it, you'll pay whatever you have to to get it or you don't love it enough!

For me - it would be the CSMC in Green/Black!!

10. If it was something that I really want I have no problem with buying it!

11. Not in the least.

12. Absolutely not! If it's something I dearly want, and someone else has found it for me, than I don't mind even if it does have that little "S."

13. Nope - my constance has an S stamp. I would have liked to have known in advance, in case I might ever need to sell it, to know what I might expect, but I never buy anything with the intention of re-selling so it makes no difference to me.

14. No, happy to do so but like many others prefer to know before buying.

15. ITA with everyone so far...if I love the item I would have no hesitation purchasing it if it had the S stamp and this was disclosed to me upfront.