Worth ebaying a Frankie that's not in great shape?

juliel

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
New York, NY
I have a Frankie that's seen better days. I carried it for about a month but in that time the plastic "piping" around the ends came out of its channel (if that makes sense). It's too small for me to use much, and I'm thinking about ebaying it but wonder if it's even worth the time.

Do y'all think there's someone out there who'd be willing to buy it and put the TLC back into it that it needs? Or is it just a dead bag? Anyone had experience with bringing a bag back to being carry'able?

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Wild Wonderful West Virginia
I've seen filthy dirty and ripped bags up on ebay and they bring 50 bucks or more. I 'd imagine there is someone out there who can work with leather themselves (I figure some of those leather workers out there have wives and sisters) would buy the bag for a low price. If you are just going to throw it out I'd give it a shot for maybe 30 bucks. Also depends on if the rest of the bag is in decent shape.

Minimouse

O.G.
May 20, 2007
I agree, there's no harm in testing the waters on eBay. I remember a raisin Frankie with some worn out piping sell for $100, so you never know. $50 (or whatever you make) is better than throwing the bag out and getting nothing.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
I agree. Someone might bite and what is the harm in trying if you aren't using it anymore?

HuskyLover

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
I also agree with everyone else, you have nothing to lose by listing it. Just put a low starting price, be truthful about the condition, and see what happens! I'd be willing to bet someone will buy it.