Worst mishap with a Mulberry?

Oh no!!! Can you sort of massage the leather so it gets softer again? Can you see the difference from the outside?

Yeah you can see it from the outside, it looks sort of ombre though :wtf:, hope it will even out with some collonil. Mind you I was impressed how much water it held before leaking :Push: Hoping the leather will soften.. wish I had collonil'd it before though... lesson learned!

Oh no Griddlebone! Thank goodness it was chocolate and not oak!

My Elgin has a spot on the back that is much darker and stiffer than the rest of the leather so I suspect something similar may have happened before I got her. Once the patina gets going on the leather of your Bays it should blend in nicely.

Whoohoo ! Got some waxy leather cleaner and after several polishings ( used a good couple of squirts ) it has blended in and is now hardly noticable ( I can see it but I know it's there ) Thankfully it was on the back too.
Car insurance has been contacted and car is going in on Wednesday - going to be a bit of pain while it's away but at least it's fixable. After speaking to insurance people I realised this is the only the second time I have claimed in 20 years of driving and that was a parking related incident too - just shows what a safe driver I am ( smug smilie)
All in had a really good day at work too so feeling much more positive now.