Worst job you've ever had?

In college, I worked part-time as a switchboard operator on a local Air Force base. I loathed the noise and flashing lights. Also, I singlehandedly edited and uploaded the Base telephone book. I thought I would die.

I worked for an introduction agency in Sydney which I'm sure was a front for a brothel.

The company was very sly in advertising for a secretary and even during the interview didn't mention anything about the business (I was fresh out of school so didn't think to ask). Anyway got the job.
They asked me to vaccuum in one of the room and there were beds in there. I walked out - 2 hours after I started.

doulosforhim said:
i must say that all of my jobs have been a learning experience for me allowing the opportunity for growth.
i do remember my first job vividly at kentucky fried chicken though:throwup: .til this day i can't walk into a KFC.

LOL... I work at KFC and I love it. They are really nice people that I work for and my co-workers are awesome. I don't smell like chicken. I don't know what they were making you do. lol

Irishgal said:
My worst job was a product tester at a company that made rectal thermometers.:wtf:

Just kidding. Actually I was a waitress during undergrad years and I was amazed at how mean people were to service people.:rant:

LMAO!:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Well...my worst job was when i just left school and was desperate (i mean desperate) to earn my own cash.....i used to pack colostomy bags and ermmmmmm....plastic applicator thingies for ladies sore privates!:wtf: :shame:
Needless to say..i only stayed there for as short a time as possible...:lol:

My worst job ever was the first job I had after graduating college. It was for a small advertising agency, I was an administrative assistant. Actually, I don't know what the :censor: I was supposed to be doing, and neither did anyone else. The girl I worked for hated me with a passion. It was terrible. She would do things deliberately to piss me off. She wouldn't have anything for me to do, then say I wasn't doing my work :rolleyes: If I left at 5:30 p.m., I wasn't working hard enough because she stayed until 7 p.m. or later. Not long after I started working there, I got very sick, no one could figure out what was wrong with me, and I missed a few days for doctor's appointments. She used that as an excuse to fire me :rant: Needless to say, I was glad when I got canned, that way I could put more time into finding a better job :rolleyes:

fendigal said:
Alright, I think you win! That makes my back hurt just thinking about it.

the only good thing about picking blueberries was that a GF of mine and I did it together and we would ride our bikes to the farm every day. So I got in shape and a lot of sun too! Blueberry bushes are at eye level so my back didn't hurt too much and there are no stickers (blackberries have those!) so that helped too. Nevertheless, it sucked!!! And when I saw whole families out there doing it day in day out full time, that's when I was grateful that this was "just" a summer job to pay for concert tickets. Humbling work!!

One summer, just out of high school, I worked as a temp at a toy factory. I spent 8 hours a night "stringing" or making the knobs work in Etch-A-Sketches. A terribly boring job - really gave incentive to go on to college and do well so that I didn't have to ever work in a factory again.

I think I have had way over 50 jobs since I was 18. I hated every one of them! I was a clerical person, assistant manager, store manager, thisr assistant manager, cahier, data entry, SPecial Education Assistant ( wait, I LOVED that one!), Preschool Teacher ( disgusting).
I just do not like working for other people, I would rather work on my own and run my own business. I started a welcome service in my town, a personalized candy wrapping business and candy bouquet service BUT they all failed! I was happier when they all failed better than working for someone else. I have another business that I have that I love!
Monica

My worst job was last year. I worked as a Community Assistant at an apartment complex that was geared for college kids...it was HELL

I had to be on call at least once during the week, which meant I had to wake up at 2am if someone was locked out, deal with the fire alarms, and then break up parties...

But the WORST:

When it was move out day, the CAs had to trash out the rooms, clean them, paint them, assist with repairs, and stuff like that...there were 6 of us and we had to do 400 units in 14 days.

Some of the apartments were GROSS. There were maggotts and just nasty things that I had to pick up and throw out. After that, and not getting paid over time I sooo quit. I may be a broke college student but money just is not worth that kind of job

:crybaby: traumatized for life