Worst glazing job ever, or normal for bagatelle?

trumanfinn

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I'm carrying my new bagatelle in dune for the first time today. I hadn't really checked it out when I bought it- I played with one that was a display and then he packed up a new one from them back for me.
I don't remember noticing anything about the glazing on the display one.
The glazing on this is HORRIBLE. It looks like it was painted on by a four year old. But, the glazing is along a rough edge... So it might be normal?
Anyone with a bagatelle to compare??ImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487221.430163.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487235.295850.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487246.647635.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487258.482270.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487269.717055.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487280.418545.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487295.587802.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487324.092440.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487336.876447.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1442487348.011506.jpg

I bought this with credit from a return for a piece of crap lv (the 6 plus folio, which according to corporate only works for a few stickings and then is basically garbage) so I would feel weird returning again.
Good grief...

I'm carrying my new bagatelle in dune for the first time today. I hadn't really checked it out when I bought it- I played with one that was a display and then he packed up a new one from them back for me.
I don't remember noticing anything about the glazing on the display one.
The glazing on this is HORRIBLE. It looks like it was painted on by a four year old. But, the glazing is along a rough edge... So it might be normal?
Anyone with a bagatelle to compare??View attachment 3130805View attachment 3130806View attachment 3130807View attachment 3130808View attachment 3130809View attachment 3130810View attachment 3130811View attachment 3130812View attachment 3130814View attachment 3130815

I can't say if it is normal or not but I will say that it is a shame that such an expensive, gorgeous bag has such an unfinished look with that sloppy glaze job. Can you still exchange it?

I bought this with credit from a return for a piece of crap lv (the 6 plus folio, which according to corporate only works for a few stickings and then is basically garbage) so I would feel weird returning again.
Good grief...

I wouldn't feel weird.. I'm sure they didn't feel weird taking your money when you bought both crap pieces.
Can't believe LV lately.

The irregular glazing is easy to notice because it's a light color. It wouldn't bother me at all on a darker bag but here I can see how it could be annoying.

But it's not the worse job ever. I mean glazing is applied by hand ( holding the bag to wheel that applies the glazing) so it is bound to be somewhat irregular.

The irregular glazing is easy to notice because it's a light color. It wouldn't bother me at all on a darker bag but here I can see how it could be annoying.

But it's not the worse job ever. I mean glazing is applied by hand ( holding the bag to wheel that applies the glazing) so it is bound to be somewhat irregular.

That's nice to know. The glazing does look sloppy like someone applied it on a Friday. :P

Hahahaha!
That's a good one! ��
Can I ask you guys a question? JUST NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! When the glazing does wear off on a piece, does it become sticky? The edges of my Pocket Organizer have little fibers all over it because for some reason it's SUPER sticky! It looks awful, the fibers are from my pockets I guess when I don't want to use a bag and I just grab my wallet. Is it time to get it reglazed? It's a Taiga piece, so I'm not sure if the glazing would peel like it does on the canvas pieces. I figured it would just wear to reveal a raw edge like it does on my Monogram (vachetta) rolled handles...

The ironic thing is that the glazing on my 20-year-old Epi Agenda is in near-perfect condition, but that's probably because I don't use it in my pockets.

Can I ask you guys a question? JUST NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT! When the glazing does wear off on a piece, does it become sticky? The edges of my Pocket Organizer have little fibers all over it because for some reason it's SUPER sticky! It looks awful, the fibers are from my pockets I guess when I don't want to use a bag and I just grab my wallet. Is it time to get it reglazed? It's a Taiga piece, so I'm not sure if the glazing would peel like it does on the canvas pieces. I figured it would just wear to reveal a raw edge like it does on my Monogram (vachetta) rolled handles...

The ironic thing is that the glazing on my 20-year-old Epi Agenda is in near-perfect condition, but that's probably because I don't use it in my pockets.

&#128563; < my face right now