Worst experience of my life

You know my first instinct when I read this, I laughed- not that you got ripped off, BUT THE AUDASITY and nerve of some people....I am still shaking my head...
I get a package from China opened it and it was a bunch of colored rocks wrapped in styrofoam, bubblewrap, and 10 tons of tape that took me like 10 minutes to open.
^ That right there is NERVE....These people are getting worse and worse.
If anything in the world is MAIL FRAUD that is right there.. even though it came from China- it was quoted as being from LA- check with the postal service and REPORT there BAD ASSES !!!!!!
Excuse my ignorance of the chuckle- its beyond belief what people in the world will do......
Hope you get your funds back.

I purchased a pair of Louboutins from someone that was listed as in Los Angeles. A week later, I get a package from China opened it and it was a bunch of colored rocks wrapped in styrofoam, bubblewrap, and 10 tons of tape that took me like 10 minutes to open.

That has to be the most amazingly horrible nasty terrible thing that they did to you! :s Did you cry? I would have cried. :sad:
Thank God you used paypal. If you don't get a speedy response, call them directly. They have never done me wrong.

Wow, that is just the worst. It reminds me of earlier eBay days when sellers were mailing people phone books instead of laptops (they used phone books because the weight was similar to laptops).

I also HATE iOffer with a passion. Nothing but fakes on that site. In fact, the beeyotch who ripped me off on eBay big time (long story, maybe another day) also ripped people off on iOffer. I contact iOffer about it and they said something to the effect of oh well, can't do anything about it, she's no longer a registered user.

Make sure you take LOTS of pictures and don't throw anything away until you get your money back -- you'll need the junk as evidence.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I've learned my lesson: DO NOT EVER BUY FROM IOFFER!

Paypal denied my claim. I think anything outside of Ebay, they will not care. Probably because they are owned by Ebay and are pushing the "HAH! That will teach you to buy from other auction sites besides Ebay!"

The message they sent me:

We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received.

^ wow, that sucks. i can't believe that they just denied your claim just like that!!

but at least you can be thankful it was only $80, and not a high-ticket item..i've heard of several tPFer's losing hundreds of $$ on ebay and ioffer thru various scams

and yeah, stay away from ioffer! not only do u have a higher chance of being scammed but by shopping there u are promoting their site which is basically a way for counterfeiters to make their $$

I can't believe paypal's response to this. I thought you can lodge a claim based on "goods significantly not as described"? I'm so sorry this happened to you!

This reminds me of someone else's experience I read on another board. She bought an LV bag from eBay. The listing has photos of the bag and it did say what you see is what you will get. What arrived to the buyer was a box with photos of the bag inside and no actual bag! The nerve of these people!!

I can't believe paypal's response to this. I thought you can lodge a claim based on "goods significantly not as described"? I'm so sorry this happened to you!

This reminds me of someone else's experience I read on another board. She bought an LV bag from eBay. The listing has photos of the bag and it did say what you see is what you will get. What arrived to the buyer was a box with photos of the bag inside and no actual bag! The nerve of these people!!

:wtf:are you kidding me? wow!!