Worst Coach mishap/accident?

reigo

Jul 18, 2009
I know I posted last week about getting dark nail polish on my fawn patent bag (which I was able to scratch off) and I have read others threads about crazy accidents with their bag- roof leaking/flooding, DD spilling bottle of water (just posted), dog chewed pull tab off, ink marks, coffee spills, etc. And I thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's worse Coach mishap and how it ultimately turned out...

I have been pretty lucky- just had the nail polish incident (didn't wait long enough after a manicure and bumped my fawn zoe), which I scratched most of it off so there are only a few tiny dots left.

What about you???

Thank goodness (and I'm literally knocking on wood RIGHT NOW) I have yet to have one.

Well, I guess I had a kinda 1/2 one. I got caught in a downpour carrying my grey leather Julianne, and she had spots EVERYWHERE, but I suspected they'd go away as she dried, and they did. It didn't stress me out too much at all. I don't think that counts, we're looking for like HEART ATTACK type incidents right?! LOL

*Raises hand* I'm the one with the hungry dog chewing the pull tab. :shame: It worked out great for me though since my SA's exchanged it for a new bag. I feel ashamed to say that too. I mean, my SA's are just so sweet, and ultimately it was my fault the dog got to the bag. I really didn't deserve a new bag.

So here's a plug for them. If you're ever in San Antonio, go check out the Coach boutique at North Star Mall. It's right near the airport so no excuses!

I'm the one with the 1year old DD who spilled an entire bottle of water inside my Cricket... I had some printouts inside the compartment she spilled it in and I'm just glad I was able to get to it before the ink ran onto the lining. I also had some charms and keychains I was gonna return but I guess I won't be doing that anymore. So glad my agenda & wristlet was in another compartment but my coach sunnies case got wet inside..

When I lifted the bag, it was soaked, I mean totally dripping wet. Still working on drying it out so I don't know how my story ends...

I just keep telling myself it could've been worse - it could have been a bottle of sticky soda, coffee, juice, or even worse, milk that gets spoiled and stinky.

Unfortunately, with a toddler, I don't think this is gonna be the last "horror story" I'm gonna have.

I have two parrots who developed a taste for vintage Coach! The smaller conure was so sneaky and quiet that I usually wouldn't catch her until she'd already taken some chunks out of the leather. The Umbrella cockatoo started out with handbags and has now graduated to chewing my leather couch . . . yay! As long as she's not going for Coach! (and I'm only partially kidding, LOL). I can buy and make them all the leather toys I want, but they'd still prefer my beloved purses. :cursing: It's awful, and I've promised my purses that it will never, ever happen again!!!

Nothing horrible, I do have an unidentified dark smudge on the front of my Madeline though...it's fading over time. I seriously have no idea where it came from :wondering:

years ago, i made the mistake of hanging a small bag over the arm rest at the movie theater... a woman came in later and threw herself into the seat beside me and snapped the strap on my bag... when it fell to the floor, she neither apologized nor made a move to pick it up... when i retrieved it and made an exclamation about the broken strap, she didn't make a comment or even look my way... things turned out for the best because when my SA shipped it in for repair, i ended up with more than 4 times what i had paid since it was a steal i had found at the outlet

I spilled red wine all over my suede signature soho hobo in college! I took it to a leather repair shop and they sold me a couple different cleaners which did a pretty good job! I continued to beat that bag to death for a couple years after that and it's not even visible anymore.

i forgot one of my secret chocolate nugget in my mff chelsea, and it was summer.by the time i remembered it,it melted and leaked. have a big chocolate stain on my purple lining.=(

Putting a bottle of perfume on my bed post and then knocking it over in the dark and spilling it on my tan sabrina on the floor :sad:. Never should have set it on the floor and should have put up the perfume where it belongs. Oh well, live and learn.

Broken bottle of red nail polish all over inside of bag. Had a pedi and took my own preferred color. Came home and hung the bag on the bannister for safety, but dogs knocked it down while playing and well...I had a huge mess on my hands. Can still use the bag, but the inside is covered with red.