Worst Christmas Gift You've Ever Received?

Mar 26, 2007
Whether it's recycled fruit cake, a weight loss book or something equally heinous, post it here!

Mine: A pepto bismol pink sweatsuit. Not tracksuit, not cute. Sweatsuit. :throwup: I was fourteen.

My mom: A book on how to put on makeup from my snarky aunt, who always finds a subtle way to be nasty.

My dad: a "how to live a better life" book from my aunt, who is as rude to my dad as she is my mom. Oh, and she also once gave him an autographed copy of her book... though it was so terrible ("why we got married" was the title), no publisher would pick it up.

Let's hear yours!

A used Playstation 2....my ex-boyfriend got it for me for Christmas after we had been dating for 3 YEARS. I didn't and still don't play video games....he got it "for me," but it was really just so he could play with it.

My aunt..who doesn't know me, my sister, or my mother and reallly doesn't care to sent our christmas gifts already. She sent us all chocolate perfume from CVS or Rite-Aid. We have asked our mother to tell them that we are getting too old to swap gifts and that we should donate to a charitable cause next year. Ugh why bother paying for postage for gifts we get rid of anyway.

Used books! The WORST part about it that I knew it belonged to the 'giver' for a long time and I knew she had read it and had bought it for herself! It was weird, because then she announced how she didn't want them anymore, so she gave them to me....yeah...

A really mean neighbor gave my older brother, then 8 years old, aquafresh toothpaste & a tooth brush. Luckily, she was a lot more fond of me and gave me stuffed animal handbag.

From a very sweet boss, a pair of glitterfied jeans expected to be worn on casual Fridays. She included the receipt so I told her they didn't fit and exchanged them for some sheets.

Last year my Grandfather gave my sister and I matching Christmas Hat, scarf, and glove sets, They are so itchy and... small.... I was humored to say the least.

My uncle bought me the same perfume - Design - for 3 years in a row. I liked it at first, but after a while got sick of it. I also found out that he got each bottle from a flea market :yucky:

During an office Secret Santa I received the most hideous tealight holder with a half burned tealight in it.

Hehe reminds me of my works white elephant gift exchange. Some people brought the crappest used gifts, but it is definitely funny.

The funniest gift was a neatly wrapped present from Nordstrom. All the girls were after it but it ended up being an old football.

This hideous robe from my mom. It was one of those grey fleece full length old lady robes? The ones with the zipper down the front?
It's like, "Mom, I understand they're supposed to be really warm, but would it kill you to consider the look of the robe, too?"

(But last year inadvertantly made up for that. My parents got my brother a black Calvin Klein robe. He says he's not really a robe guy so at some point I asked if I could try it on. It fit me, so now it's mine.)