Worries re Winner .....

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
2,925
2
My worries re the "winner" on one of my "sold" items. The auction was won last Sunday, so sent the invoice. So far, no payment. Emailed the person yesterday asking if they were still interested in the item and got this reply:-

hi there sorry for the delay i am awaiting a refund to be cleared my end then will pay or the bag for you

really want it please wait should be cleared in the next week hope you can wait for me its a christmas present for my girlfriend she will love it

My worry now is, are they waiting for a refund of another item they "won" on Ebay to fund another item?? Will they do the same to me to fund another "win"?? Am I worrying too much?!?!?!

Had a look at the other items bought and its been handbags again by the same designer (not a high end designer). Also a lot of Baby things and toys, clothes for a wee child. The email address is a females name, so am also wondering if the female is hiding behind a male identity.

Just checked, they are selling a childs pram and if it sold, it would come to exactly what they owe me. Could this be the "refund" they are waiting for?? The auction ends in 7 days time .....

What do you guys think???
 
Last edited:
Dec 30, 2007
5,111
783
I doubt if they would have referred to the sale of the child's pram as a refund. It sounds like they have returned something and are waiting for the money to be refunded back into their Paypal account. Saying something like "should be cleared in the next week" sounds pretty vague. It all depends on how much time you want to give them. You are not obligated to extend the terms of payment. If it were me, I would specify a date by which payment should be received and, if is not, tell then you are going to file an NPB.
 

redskater

bags,books & Kitties
O.G.
Jan 2, 2008
11,452
6
yes, that sounds like it could go on and on. If you aren't in a hurry to sell, you could wait a little, but I would give them a definite date that you want payment by. Or just relist and be done with it. The fact that they didn't contact you to begin with about the late pay would bug me and I'm not sure I wold want to sell to them just for being inconsiderate.
 

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
Oct 27, 2007
6,677
5
Hmmm... a whole week and they didn't communicate an issue to you?
Do you think it is an item that will easily sell again? Was there another bidder you could offer a second chance offer to?

Just depends on if you want the hassle of relisting. Just becausee they are slow to pay doesn't mean there will be additional issues, but go with your gut :yes:
 

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
2,925
2
There was a second buyer who just missed out. They emailed me afterwards so are still interested in the bag. It would sell easily enough (I hope!!) but see what happens now I have opened the "winner unpaid thingy".
 
Dec 30, 2007
5,111
783
Yeah and you have to wait the four days before you can extend the second chance offer. But it is the only way you can guard against getting payment from both buyers and ending up in a bit of a pickle. It also prevents Buyer #1 from being able to leave FB. (You used to have to wait seven days before you could close the NPB so this is a bit of an improvement.)
 

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
2,925
2
Have been reading the Ebay pages but I think i have my stupid head on cos am getting confused!! Think you guys can help me more!!

The buyer hasnt paid, thats been 6 days now (week tomorrow they won). Have opened a "buyer not paying" thingy. What can I do legally now?? How long does the buyer have to pay for the item?? Can I offer it to the other person yet or do I still need to wait until I hear back form either the buyer or Ebay?? If so, how long??
 
Dec 30, 2007
5,111
783
The buyer has four days from the time you file the NPB. If the buyer does not pay, you can close it unilaterally after the four days. The buyer gets a strike, you get your ebay fees back, the buyer cannot leave neg FB. You are then free to do what you want: relist, make a second chance offer or just keep it. Until the NPB is closed, you still have an open transaction with the original buyer.
 
Top