Worried that my WOC I bought from Neiman Marcus is fake?

sararachelle

Sara S.
O.G.
Oct 15, 2013
Hello,

I keep reading threads about how people buy authentic bags from department stores and return them with incredibly good fakes- and then keep the authentic bag for themself. (Disgusting!)

When I told my SA in the store how I wanted the bag, she found it for me in about 2-3 days. I hear some people are on the wait list for this bag for up to a year. Is it suspicious that she found it so quickly?

It is the classic quilted caviar leather WOC and it definitely looks authentic to me- but I can't help but to worry. I purchased the bag 3 months ago.

Thank you!

I think it looks authentic. Keep in mind, even though some people are on wait lists, they may be on lists not in your store (or whatever store your SA found this at), and people are fickle...some people go on a list and then decide they don't want the bag (or have sourced it from elsewhere) but don't remove them off the list.

Thank you for the reassurance everyone. I guess I'm paranoid because the tag was not on the chain of the bag, but on the dustbag...

But as you said, I will definitely take my authenticity card in to confirm that it's authentic.

Chanel Boutiques/ department stores will not authenticate for you. Anyway, I'm sure you are just being paranoid. You need to realize cases like what you're talking about are VERY VERY rare. I wouldn't worry if you got it from a legit store like NM. If you look at the finds thread, these WOC's come up fairly often, I don't think it's a big deal that you got one quickly.

Chanel Boutiques/ department stores will not authenticate for you. Anyway, I'm sure you are just being paranoid. You need to realize cases like what you're talking about are VERY VERY rare. I wouldn't worry if you got it from a legit store like NM. If you look at the finds thread, these WOC's come up fairly often, I don't think it's a big deal that you got one quickly.

Agree, also I bought bags that the SA removed tags completely and put inside the bag. I'd just enjoy the woc and that you may have good SA who found one for you or gotten lucky that no wait existed at your store. Just enjoy your bag. I don't think bringing the card in will be able to prove anything. You could use Etinceler Authentications if you are still worried but it seems like you have an authentic woc.

I think it looks authentic. Keep in mind, even though some people are on wait lists, they may be on lists not in your store (or whatever store your SA found this at), and people are fickle...some people go on a list and then decide they don't want the bag (or have sourced it from elsewhere) but don't remove them off the list.

I can attest to this! I was on a long wait list for a black WOC with caviar, but changed my mind by the time I got the call. It does happen! :smile:

+2

You are overly thinking this and scared yourself

I have started to notice recent Chanel WOCs and CWCs I got from NM, Saks and Boutique with tags to dust bags.

In France, they don't even let you keep the tag! I have to always take photos of the tag bc they insist on keeping it, so that I can remember the model number.

I do think that the more recent caviar bags look fake, in general, IMHO. This could also add to your hesitation. I am not saying I suspect that they are fake, but rather that the caviar quality is just so... plastic-y, that it seems fake. It's a comment on the quality, not really on the integrity. Chanel should really do better, esp with the price increases.