Worried i've bought the wrong size...

louloulou89

Jun 27, 2013
Hello lovely ladies. On Thursday i ordered my first ever piece of LV, the mono speedy 30 but now looking at peoples pictures im worrying this might look too big on me? For reference i'm 5ft3 and about 120lbs, what do you think? Also, what type of bag charms do you think would look nice on this? Not specifically LV but anything cute to dress it up :smile:. There's no LV store near me so i've had to just go off the website sizing. xxx

Hello lovely ladies. On Thursday i ordered my first ever piece of LV, the mono speedy 30 but now looking at peoples pictures im worrying this might look too big on me? For reference i'm 5ft3 and about 120lbs, what do you think? Also, what type of bag charms do you think would look nice on this? Not specifically LV but anything cute to dress it up :smile:. There's no LV store near me so i've had to just go off the website sizing. xxx

First of all, Congrats on your Speedy !:smile: and secound I am 5ft1 and the 30
Looks great on me... I Also have the 35 which Also looks amazing. You buy the bag which you need the most ! Me for example I bought both sizes cause sometimes I need to bring a sweater with me and it doesnt fit in the 30.

I tried on the Speedy 30 in the store, but ended up getting the Metis, which was higher on my list. The Speedy 30 probably will be the next LV I purchase.
No, I didn't find it too big, and I'm 5' 2" and around the same weight.
The only problem I had with the Speedy is that it has a tendency to sag, which I didn't care for. But there are shapers for each Speedy size that are available on eBay, which should solve the issue.
I just think that a more structured bag that doesn't sag looks a lot cleaner, especially for someone our height.
I'd say go for the 30, especially if you're carrying a wallet, makeup bag, keys, date book, etc.

The 30 will look great on you. We have the same height and weight. I have the 25 but looks too small and the 35 I tried on was too big especially cross body so I got the 30 Speedy DE B and it looks great. Looking for the right size I also looked at pictures here and the 35 looked great but not on me. Even the SA told me the 30 was the size for my size! So congrats on your bag, I am sure it will look great on you. Also if you don't put the world inside the bigger sizes as they don't slouch that well being canvas and not leather they don't look good IMO.

I think the size should be fine for your size and about the charm you can really not go wrong
as charms go, there are so many pretty ones - I think I would either go with all metal (golden) or a mix with canvas (mono) maybe the luck & trunks one ?

I'm 5'3 and around 110 lbs and I think that the 30 looks best on me. I would've preferred a 35 but it looked like luggage. So you're good!!
I think gold hardware charms look best on speedys- insolence, puzzle key, etc. I've seen some people put coach or juicy charms on, which also look cute.

i think for your size the 30 is great. i actually carry a 35 in the regular speedy. keep in mind that the 25 has a smaller opening than the 30 so you might miss that larger access if you went down a size. the speedy 30 is a really good size .

I think the 30 is huge and for me I just don't carry enough to fill it even half way. I only carry the 25. There is plenty of room. I can find everything. It looks cute. My sister only carries a 30. She has long days, needs to reapply make up, etc. Everyone is different. I don't know if an opinion from someone on the forum even helps when it comes to recommended bag size. If it feels too big for you, then it probably is. Too bad you can't get to the boutique, that would really help.

I honestly think the 30 will look great on you. Before I bought my Speedy B's and from looking at the pictures here, I thought I was sure that I needed the 25. When I tried them in store, I knew right away that the 25 was too small for me. The opening was not big enough and it didn't feel as comfortable as a handheld. I think the only way to be 100% sure is to try it when you get it. Good luck!

My favorite speedy size is the 35 but 30 is great too . I am 5'1 and own the 35 and love her. I like the opening of the bag better. I think you made the right choice :smile:

You will have to see when it arrives if you feel its a good match for you. How much you carry probably is something to consider. I think many people on TPF prefer larger bags, but you have to see what you are most comfortable with. I have an brown insolence charm, which I use on my mono bags, I think it goes well with mono. I also have the LV facettes which is simple but nice. A bandeau looks good on people's speedies too.

I think the 30 will be the perfect size for you - but you'll just need to try it on to know for sure. No problem there, you can return or exchange it for the 25 if you need smaller or the 35 if you want larger. :biggrin:

As far as charms go, I like the Tappage charm as a starter. It goes with practically every handbag in the world. (Well, okay maybe not the whole world) but it will coordinate with a lot. :lol:

Speedy 30 is perfect for your frame. Besides, I have seen tinier frames rocking a 35 so in the end, it's how you work the bag. I don't believe there is an ideal size for a particular body shape. I have a 25, 30 and 35. I use it based on how much stuff I need to put in it.

Ladies thank you so much for all your responses!!! You are all so lovely and helpful. I will take some mod shots when it arrives and then ill be able to tell if it will suit me, i think the 30 will be the perfect size now thanks to all your reassurances! :smile::smile: