Worried about spots on Spy

1. Just bought a spy but the amount of threads on here about spots on the leather is concerning me - is it normal then?

2. The Honey color seems to have the delicate problem of forming spots from anything oily touching it. I have not heard of any of the other colors having problems. The darker colors would be fine, I think. The Honey Spy is such a "naked" leather color that I would avoid purchasing this particular color (although it is gorgeous). I am now afraid to use mine. :sad:

3. I don't think it's normal. It only happens if you don't use it with care. I'll put a mapkin over my spy if I'm eating with it nearby, and I sling my jacket over it if I'm driving and the sun if hitting on it. I have a dark brown one and I don't have any problems. I don't expect any except for the natural colorations.

4. I was all ready to buy a spy as well but then I keep on reading these post about discoloration especially with the cognac color which I really like a lot. I wonder if I should stick with a brown instead for that very reason.

5. well I have bought the brown (its the 2007 colour so it is really really dark brown - almost black in some lights) reading the threads on here has given me a little more hope that I should be fine - thanks guys!

liked the hints and tips about putting coat over them etc when driving - I am getting funny looks at work because I wont even put it on the carpet at work - have it on my desk with napkins beneath it!

6. I put the appleguard on my light spots on the Cognac Spy and they went away

7. Do you know if Appleguard is available to the UK?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice