Worn off handles of Nightingale bag

mytnguyen26

Nov 12, 2013
Hello ladies,

I apologize if there is a topic on this already. But I haven't seen this problem before, and so I don't know I can I describe or search for it.

I just bought a Nightingale off of Ebay recrently. Everything looks fine except the handles and shoulder strap. Well, there are many cracks, and looks like the leather peels off??!! also, the leather itself feels like it got soaked in water constantly. And so, instead of feeling dry, it's feeling wet. ( I can't describe it corrrectly)

My question is, do you see this happens on your Gale if you used it for a long time? Is it fixable? If so, how do you treat this?
:smile:
Thanks everyone

Attachments

• 1408068208841.jpg
    1408068208841.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 299
Now that is a description I have never read before. I would suggest you see a reputable leather repair shop. Touching up the sealant/edgecoat is an easy enough project but the other things you describe may need a professional's opinion and assistance.

Now that is a description I have never read before. I would suggest you see a reputable leather repair shop. Touching up the sealant/edgecoat is an easy enough project but the other things you describe may need a professional's opinion and assistance.

Sorry if my description confuses you. I'm technically not a native speaker.
Anyway, I researched online for condition like this, and it looks like the leather feels wet because of excessive humidity and lacks of maintenance. I definitely will bring it to a professional bag spa to have them take a look

Thank you

Sorry if my description confuses you. I'm technically not a native speaker.
Anyway, I researched online for condition like this, and it looks like the leather feels wet because of excessive humidity and lacks of maintenance. I definitely will bring it to a professional bag spa to have them take a look

Thank you

Your English was fine. ;)

It does sound like your bag needs more than an at-home DIY kind of treatment. I hope you are able to find a professional who can help. Please share your experience once it is done. Good luck!

Yeah, the piping on my handles is peeling off, but your description of wet leather is disturbing. Definitely have a professional look at it. MY Nightingale is my beater bag - rain, snow, shine - and it doesn't get any babying.

I'm sure that a professional will be able to help you.

Good luck!