World Search

You know ... this global search thing can take a long time sometimes. I am still waiting for my Jungle Love cashmere shawl which I'd asked for moons ago ... it's anyone's guess when it will pop up.

But there is something magical about tpf ... there can be global searches amongst trusted friends ... All because of the great friendships that are formed here. :yahoo:(you all know who you are :heart:)

You know ... this global search thing can take a long time sometimes. I am still waiting for my Jungle Love cashmere shawl which I'd asked for moons ago ... it's anyone's guess when it will pop up.

But there is something magical about tpf ... there can be global searches amongst trusted friends ... All because of the great friendships that are formed here. :yahoo:(you all know who you are :heart:)

A lot of wonderful tPFers here :smile: You've all taught and shared with me a lot about Hermes and other brands.

I was originally not a handbag girl, now, turning myself into one. :smile:

Wish that I'll be able to meet you all some day.

Hi Everyone,

I have to say I have been lurking in the corner of the room for a few months enjoying reading everyones posts but not contributing myself. just wanted to say hi and to let MRS SPARKLES know that I just came across the jungle love cashmere at my local H while picking up some gifts this week. If you would like my SA's info I would be happy to provide ti to you privately. All the best and thanks again to all of you for the wealth of information and vast amounts of entertainment thus far!!! KJ

KellyJo, you're so sweet. Thanks. My SA has located the colourway that I asked for. It's only a matter of time that the shawl gets sent back to Paris and for Paris to re-despatch. It's taking so long though. Even later than the AW2008 shawls, which are arriving at some H stores already!

If they made enough to meet demand, the bag would lose its exclusive image. I'm more worried about what they'll do as they expand and expand and expand into every emerging market. Are they going to be hiring, for example, more leather workers in France or will they do what the others have and outsource. They've already started hemming many of the scarves in Mauritius so they've already dipped their toe into that ocean.

As for their sales, I've always said that it involves some work on the part of the customer to shop at Hermes and not everyone wants to bother. Their displays are limited, and until an associate starts pulling things out of the drawers, you're kind of clueless. Even then, if the store manager doesn't order Item X at all, or in limited colors, they have to try to find it somewhere else. I've heard associates say that it's tough on them to know what Hermes makes so you know it's worse for the customer.

Don't get me started on that worthless website either! Hermes was one of the last to go online, and so little of what they produce is featured that it's not funny.

Sorry for rambling. LOL

Just wandering off the topic a bit, why don't H hire more craftsmen and let more people all around the world to have their dream birkins / kellys and get a bigger market share?

The problem H shops that don't have any sales ( I overheard an SA receiving a phone call from the H shop owner asking whether they made any sales on a normal Sunday at around 5pm - the SA said there were people looking at the bags but they didn't manage to sell any) is because not enough stock / inventory for customers to choose from. I can justify that by saying it is a luxury brand and it doesn't need to please the customers, but doesn't it make more sense otherwise by producing a bit more or a bit quicker?

A lot of wonderful tPFers here :smile: You've all taught and shared with me a lot about Hermes and other brands.

I was originally not a handbag girl, now, turning myself into one. :smile:

Wish that I'll be able to meet you all some day.

I am wishing for this, as well. Bravo to Megs and Vlad for taking a risk and building this wonderful community and bravo to the internet, cyber horror stories and all, because with the bad comes the good and tPF is the cream of the crop! Hugs to you all:heart:

I love Megs and Vlad. I don't know what would've happened to us purse addicts if not for their work.

I've been a member since 2007 (because I was googling on how to clean my LV), but it's only recently that I've begun posting because I want an Hermes bag and I'm so clueless. Little by little, I'm learning. Good thing I don't do much in the office. I can check this site out and follow threads from start to the latest, though I can't do that with the "Authenticate this Hermes" thread because it's so voluminous.

I am wishing for this, as well. Bravo to Megs and Vlad for taking a risk and building this wonderful community and bravo to the internet, cyber horror stories and all, because with the bad comes the good and tPF is the cream of the crop! Hugs to you all:heart: