World Cup Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get sick from the AC too! we're having a heatwave in helsinki now and i can barely stand it, ughhhhh... hangover isn't helping either, going out with inappropriately aged men until 3 on a schoolnight is an excellent idea how exactly? :noggin: but i think it was almost worth it :whistle:

Annanas, sounds like you had a fab night last night!!! So envious!
DH was changing the channels all the time yesterday, he wouldn't let me see the match, he wanted to see a documentary about the history of ice cream , he was driving me crazy. Plus he was a big jinx.
So after the game I let him go to bed alone and I watched The Contact with Jodie Foster on DVD. Now I'm super sleepy...

I'll be hunting your posts there MA!

I have tons of chores waiting for me. The WC really contributed to unhealthy eating, and lack of motivation to clean my home. It was nice while it lasted.

DH was changing the channels all the time yesterday, he wouldn't let me see the match, he wanted to see a documentary about the history of ice cream , he was driving me crazy. Plus he was a big jinx.
So after the game I let him go to bed alone and I watched The Contact with Jodie Foster on DVD. Now I'm super sleepy...

i umm definitely did, especially since the team i wanted to win a game i was watching did for a change :lol: i can't believe your DH wouldn't let you watch the game, i might actually be considering starting divorce proceedings :lol:

the best time was definitely had after the game though, it wasn't like it was the most exciting match of the world cup by any means. i do wish i had skipped a couple of the drinks though :shame:

:lol: i've already had two cups of green tea, it's not too bad now. it's less the hangover and more the tiredness, i'm not good with too little sleep (as i was trying to explain to inappropriately aged young man but he was having none of it :nogood: ).

Oh man it is H-O-T HOT HOT!!!

There is absolutely no way I can concentrate in this heat. The Fam is outside in the swimming pool having a great time and I'm stuck inside, in the dark with stupid books :Push:

Me too, even without alcohol I'm hangover because I went to bed after 1 am... Ooohhh...inappropriately aged young man... love those!

i have a fondness for them too - unfortunately this one is my cousin's best friend so is being a bit too well behaved (for now. i'll corrupt him eventually :devil: ).

Hello ladies, roundandround reporting. I'm not using the orange color now but my heart is still very much in orange hahahaha. The WC is over, now we can talk to any topic we want, this thread will rock!!!

Thanks frick and Sternchen:flowers: here's flowers from Holland:P for starting this thread.

Morning everyone!

Oh man...what a night. It was soooooooooooooooooooo hot last night...and it's stilll sooooooooooooooo hot this morning. I could hardly sleep last night, I was just plain uncomfortable.

Today's gonna be a day of studying. I have my first final exam tomorrow and I have to say that I am super nervous. The one Prof is only going to have 2 questions. We have to pick one and write an essay about it. My luck the two topics will be those that I didn't understand. The other Prof (there are 2 in this class) will have a couple of smaller questions, so I'm hoping to get my points there. *sigh*

You can do it girl, get those 10's. Good you still study, for me, my brain don't work as much as my younger years, I'm afraid. I'm happy if I can remember the things needed for groceries w/o my list KWIM? But when coming to bags and purses, I have a very good memory of what, which, where and how much:lol:

lily, that was torture!!! How could your DH be interested in the history of the ice cream than sports?????? Oh men can sometimes be cruel. Glad that you got the tv back after the game.

i umm definitely did, especially since the team i wanted to win a game i was watching did for a change i can't believe your DH wouldn't let you watch the game, i might actually be considering starting divorce proceedings :lol:

the best time was definitely had after the game though, it wasn't like it was the most exciting match of the world cup by any means. i do wish i had skipped a couple of the drinks though

Hmmmm, buying another tv is the best remedy than divorce hahahha. Well, if this happens to me maybe I could throw this in DH's face. But I'm sure this doesn't help, he will get me my own tv for sure.

Sternchen, you asked me in the other thread where I live. I live in Hoorn, near Alkmaar. Between Enkhuizen and Medemblik. But we will be moving to Eindhoven maybe by September-October due to DH's work. We already bought a house in the city.

lily, that was torture!!! How could your DH be interested in the history of the ice cream than sports?????? Oh men can sometimes be cruel. Glad that you got the tv back after the game.

He is not sporty, he only likes box matches. He watched the whole WC with me but he was bored last night because of the really hard game and the yellow cards. Whenever there was a foul he would zap back to the ice cream thing and I'd kick him on his head (he was on his back on the couch and my feet were near his head). He would kiss my feet and change it back to the game, so I can't ask a divorce.:smile:

I think he is relieved that the cup is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.