World Cup Friends II

YAY 2nd thread already
wirr5.gif

Awesome gifts anna:biggrin: Glad that the annanas clan are too generous:P

they were very generous this year! maybe i'll get no christmas presents to compensate :P i'm sure we'll do those early though, no point in taking them to south east asia and back!

i've never had thanksgiving, i've always wondered what it's like :lol:

Yay for a second thread! As for soccer, I've been so sad with my beloved Inter. They're struggling so much! And the stupid manager they have is just...stupid. :tdown: At least I still have Chelsea that are at the top (though they've faltered in a couple of games recently). My trio of Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda never let me down. :biggrin: OK, enough of that...

Oooooh, annanas! That's a nice haul you got there.

As for Thanksgiving, last week I was feeling ambitious, saying that I wanted to make red velvet cake. I even posted a FB status calling for recipes and got a couple. Then I realized that I didn't want to bake a cake, and I've decided I'm going to buy one. There will be no :sweatdrop: in the kitchen from me this year.

I had a thanksgiving during my high School Year in the US. Let's just say, it's Not my holiday foodwise. I don't like Sweet potatoes, I don't like yams, I don't like turkey! :P

I had a thanksgiving during my high School Year in the US. Let's just say, it's Not my holiday foodwise. I don't like Sweet potatoes, I don't like yams, I don't like turkey! :P

We never had sweet potatoes or yams at our Thanksgiving Dinners. We usually had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, pie, green-bean casserole, rolls.. YUM YUM YUM!!! :nuts:

I can't believe you don't like turkey!

i think i'd actually prefer it to christmas - or finnish christmas food anyway, i don't mind english christmas food. the finnish foods are all really heavy and it's ham instead of turkey :yucky: although you do get gravad lax to begin with, i tend to just fill up on that instead since i'm a total salmon fiend :lol:

We never had sweet potatoes or yams at our Thanksgiving Dinners. We usually had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, pie, green-bean casserole, rolls.. YUM YUM YUM!!! :nuts:

I can't believe you don't like turkey!

I don't like Duck or Goose either... :shrugs: I guess I'm more about veal, pork, rabbit, etc. I also love salmon and fish. It's just the big birds that don't do it for me.

Here in Germany a Lot of People have goose for christmas. Another traditional dish for some reason is potatoe salat and wiener sausages. I have no clue where that originates from, but for my grandpa it isn't christmas without it. :P lol, we usually make that and different meats on a Hot Stone ( I have no clue how that is called in English?!)

hahaha, our family is the same Kitty!!! On the 24th before opening presents we have potato salad and warm wieners :P

And then on the 25th with have Goose :biggrin:

You mean Raclette? It's called the same in english ;)

Last edited: