Workwear Jewelry?

what jewelry do you normally wear to work? how blingy are you allowed to go? would you wear luxury designers to work, such as vca and cartier, with the risk of being recognized? i’d love to see what you wear to work jewelry-wise, since i have a conservative work environment, but i really want to bling it up a bit some days.

To be completely honest, I have given up restricting myself in any way, when it comes to wearing jewelry. Life is far too short to let the beautiful things gather dust in a drawer. Admittedly, I have now reached the age where certain things are allowed to me and my job also allows me to be a bit more extravagant. But in the end it is only a question of self-confidence how much conspicuousness, resentment, admiration and envy one can endure.

To be completely honest, I have given up restricting myself in any way, when it comes to wearing jewelry. Life is far too short to let the beautiful things gather dust in a drawer. Admittedly, I have now reached the age where certain things are allowed to me and my job also allows me to be a bit more extravagant. But in the end it is only a question of self-confidence how much conspicuousness, resentment, admiration and envy one can endure.
I usually just wear earrings, and small studs at that, due to the nature of my work.

I think you can wear high end jewelry. You will probably look ridiculous if you are dripping with diamonds like you are attending the oscars or something, but if you wear just a few pieces that are suitable for daytime, why would that be a problem?
my main concern is that i’m still relatively junior at my workplace, which is also male-dominated. i don’t want my superiors to think that i’m frivolous or shallow, i’ve heard quite a few horror stories about women with luxury goods and their bosses

Reactions: imetazoa
my main concern is that i’m still relatively junior at my workplace, which is also male-dominated. i don’t want my superiors to think that i’m frivolous or shallow, i’ve heard quite a few horror stories about women with luxury goods and their bosses
Perhaps start off with minimal pieces then gradually add more. As for it being more male dominated, that could work in your favour as in my experience, they wouldn’t know designer pieces or their cost.

I personally don’t like to wear a lot of jewellery at work, usually tend to wear a pair of earrings and maybe a bracelet or a pendant. Always wear a watch. I try not to be overly blingy, because I don’t want to draw undue attention to myself. I do carry a luxury handbag sometimes.

Reactions: sunnylovesjewelry
I was in this position last year when I went back to work after having my daughter. The advice on here was to try not to wear more than 3-5 pieces max and also to gauge the working environment/type of colleagues you have first. Like you I worried about being seen as shallow or frivolous. On my first day I noticed my immediate colleague was wearing a Tiffany DBTY set together with blingy wedding set! I then felt much more relaxed about wearing some of my nicer pieces, but in a more muted way than I would outside work iyswim. E.g. nice watch, pair of earrings and a right hand ring (or earrings and a necklace/bracelet) but I would try to keep it to a small number of pieces so as not to look too flashy.

My job has very specific rules about which pieces are allowed: one pair of small earrings (pearl or plain metal studs are preferred) and a wedding band. Maybe a watch, if it’s suitably understated. No bling.

(My work wardrobe sleeves are long and cover the bracelets I haven’t removed in forever. Don’t tell.)

When I was in office I always wore my wedding set which people always commented on but other than that no one paid attention. I would wear my diamond studs and occasionally one of my watches. My boss is into designer so he would know and comment on my clothes and coats

I wear whatever I feel like wearing. I wear Cartier, VCA, Rolex, etc. I just wear it in such a way that doesn’t involve being overly “blingy.” In other words, I don’t wear an armful of bracelets, a watch, 5 pairs of earrings, a double necklace and 3 rings (I’m not judging that—just giving an example). Instead, I wear one bracelet with my watch and a pair of studs. I leave the blingy look for my off days.