Workout clothing brands (Lululemon alternatives)

JYLMAY

South Carolina Chick
Oct 4, 2006
So what do you all wear to the Gym? Body Amrour/Nike/Addidas are really popular but I love the Lucy brand. (lucy.com). I see they wear it on Desperate Housewives too. It just has a great fit and super cool styles!

I have a lot of Nike and Addidas and Sugoi, plus Athleta's line too.

I'm usually in a sports bra, technifine t-shirt or regular cotton t-shirt and knit shorts. And I usually have a hoodie (nike or juicy) to throw on afterwards to stay warm on the way home.

Lululemon! I'm wearing their sweatpants and sweatshirt right now, actually. Fairly fitted, but cozy like a fluffy down blanket. When I'm working out at home, I'll wear a super-tiny cami and American Eagle boyshorts.

I personally like Adidas fitted sport tops, the Climalite material - plus the support bit under the bust is great for any arm-flinging moves..:yahoo:

Bottoms, i wear the shortest shorts i can find because most of my workouts are at home with the curtains closed!:wlae:

After MONTHS of not working out and being lazy, I recently started going to the gym again. And me with my OCD, I always notice what others are wearing. While the general public seem to wear oversize t-shirts with shorts (which is what I always wear), there's always that one girl with the perfect body that comes in with tight pants and a sports bra.

So here's my question and I'm not trying to be funny (or gross for that matter!) but I'm wondering how people wear those stretchy pants to work out without getting butt-sweat marks from working out?? Is it just me that's paranoid? That's why I always wear shorts b/c it keeps me cool and if there WAS a potential problem, my oversize t-shirt would cover the problem.

I'm getting tired of looking grungy to go to the gym (I know I know, who cares right? It shouldn't matter) But I don't think it would hurt to look cute either! So any suggestions for looking cute at the gym?

Haha! I'm just like you. I wear large t-shirts with those adidas work out pants. I always see this one girl who's thin as a twig. Wearing exactly what you described. Tight pants and a sports bra. Everytime she walks by I see all the guys turn heads. I don't like the feeling of tight clothes, especially if I'm going to sweat.
I can't help you with finding cute clothes to wear. All I can say is comfortness is all the matters to me.

i know I've said it before, but running skirts get my vote. They have built-in shorts underneath, and they are absolutely adorable. I also wear compresson tanks at the gym, but simple T's are cute, too.

There are quite a few gals at my gyn who dress that way - I've never noticed butt sweat - and now I hope I never do - yuck! I wear a loose T/tank usually & capri's/sweats. When I do cardio I sweat like crazy - no tight stuff for me! I don't care about looking cute @ the gym so much as looking cute outside the gym.

of course!!! dry-fit bottoms to avoid butt sweat...I should've thought of that! I'll have to make a trip to sport chalet and see if I can find anything.

sheanabelle-- I love the look of yoga pants, but I can already envision all the embarrassing problems I would have if I wore them.

shoeangel-- Your skort idea sounds super CUTE. I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody wear that to the gym though. Does it look kind of like a tennis skirt? And also, what is a compression tank? Is it one of those really tight fit, sweat resistant tanks??