Working Moms: do you ever use your clutches?

absolutanne

Looking for: B30 Croc in Vert .....
O.G.
Jul 22, 2006
I am hooked on downsizing my bag collection. Sold 1 so far. I am thinking of selling my LV Pochette Florentine with strap. It is so useless. I cannot fit my phone or my keys in it.

Thankfully that is my only clutch. Sentimentally, it was my first ever high end designer purchase. It is 9 yrs old!

Moms in general- do you ever have time to use your clutches? If DH and I are going on a date, i always carry a Chanel flap.

Chanel flap is very nice..
Yes I do use clutches still when we go to fancy dinners (kids are at grandparents!).
I own: Bottega Venetta knot clutch, YSL monogramed patent clutch and Aspinal silver clutch

Yes, I do carry a clutch sometimes because it's nice to not be loaded down with the tons of stuff I usually carry with me. Sometimes I will use them when running errands or am out for the day and will leave the tote behind. That said, I do worry about leaving them places so often carry a smaller messenger/clutch like the RM MAC (love it). I'd like to carry them more often but my life just doesn't fit in them.

I have about 5 clutches. A couple are less pricey but I do have a YSL BDJ and a Givenchy Antigona EC. I love both of these clutches so much. Unfortunately, I only use a clutch for a nice night out...which is a rarity...like twice a year.

If we do a cruise vacation, there are dressy nights and I get to use them a couple times.

Otherwise, I gotta use something that can hold crayons, snacks, activities...

I also own the LV Florentine, and I love mine! The quality on that piece is amazing (Canvas is not quite the same as it was then IMO) I love using mine when I go to the park with my little one, walking my dogs, and I tie a bandeau on the back where the loops are & it looks so cute as a clutch, heck I use it as a small cosmetic bag sometimes too, lol

I love, love, love clutches! I have some that serve different purposes. Great for evenings, dinner, as a small organizer inside my larger bags, for quick grab & go, they are essential in my life & bag collection for sure!

Last edited:
I havent sold my clutch yet. I have decided to repurpose it as a makeup bag so I see it everyday in my bag. Lets see how this goes. Thanks for the ideas ladies!!

My small bags are total workhorses!!! I have two small shoulder bags that can be used as clutches (Chanel, Celine) and I use them frequently as grab-and-go bags. They give me just enough room for my day-to-day essentials: iPhone, wallet, lip gloss, blotting papers, and mints. I carry a separate tote for my laptop.

I have a kid in junior high and one in grade school, so I no longer need to lug a big bag full of baby stuff around. Thus, my little bags have become a central part of my bag rotation! I use them cross-body or over the shoulder on work days/weekends, and I use them on date nights as clutches with the strap tucked in. Very practical!!