Working Moms: do you ever use your clutches?

absolutanne

Level: purse peace!!!
O.G.
Jul 22, 2006
I am hooked on downsizing my bag collection. Sold 1 so far. I am thinking of selling my LV Pochette Florentine with strap. It is so useless. I cannot fit my phone or my keys in it.

Thankfully that is my only clutch. Sentimentally, it was my first ever high end designer purchase. It is 9 yrs old!

Moms in general- do you ever have time to use your clutches? If DH and I are going on a date, i always carry a Chanel flap.

Venetta

Jun 5, 2010
Canada
Chanel flap is very nice..
Yes I do use clutches still when we go to fancy dinners (kids are at grandparents!).
I own: Bottega Venetta knot clutch, YSL monogramed patent clutch and Aspinal silver clutch

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Yes, I do carry a clutch sometimes because it's nice to not be loaded down with the tons of stuff I usually carry with me. Sometimes I will use them when running errands or am out for the day and will leave the tote behind. That said, I do worry about leaving them places so often carry a smaller messenger/clutch like the RM MAC (love it). I'd like to carry them more often but my life just doesn't fit in them.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Only working moms?

I don't work outside my home but I'm a mom of 3 and use my clutches! lol! Not sure if I count? :biggrin:

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
Too far from palm trees
I have about 5 clutches. A couple are less pricey but I do have a YSL BDJ and a Givenchy Antigona EC. I love both of these clutches so much. Unfortunately, I only use a clutch for a nice night out...which is a rarity...like twice a year.

If we do a cruise vacation, there are dressy nights and I get to use them a couple times.

Otherwise, I gotta use something that can hold crayons, snacks, activities...

LVmyotherbaby

May 11, 2013
Connecticut
I also own the LV Florentine, and I love mine! The quality on that piece is amazing (Canvas is not quite the same as it was then IMO) I love using mine when I go to the park with my little one, walking my dogs, and I tie a bandeau on the back where the loops are & it looks so cute as a clutch, heck I use it as a small cosmetic bag sometimes too, lol

I love, love, love clutches! I have some that serve different purposes. Great for evenings, dinner, as a small organizer inside my larger bags, for quick grab & go, they are essential in my life & bag collection for sure!

Last edited:

absolutanne

Level: purse peace!!!
O.G.
Jul 22, 2006
I havent sold my clutch yet. I have decided to repurpose it as a makeup bag so I see it everyday in my bag. Lets see how this goes. Thanks for the ideas ladies!!

Feb 2, 2006
My small bags are total workhorses!!! I have two small shoulder bags that can be used as clutches (Chanel, Celine) and I use them frequently as grab-and-go bags. They give me just enough room for my day-to-day essentials: iPhone, wallet, lip gloss, blotting papers, and mints. I carry a separate tote for my laptop.

I have a kid in junior high and one in grade school, so I no longer need to lug a big bag full of baby stuff around. Thus, my little bags have become a central part of my bag rotation! I use them cross-body or over the shoulder on work days/weekends, and I use them on date nights as clutches with the strap tucked in. Very practical!!