work wardrobe dilemna: how to look professional but creative ?

1. Hey Ladies, maybe some of you are in the same situation than me and could help me here.
    Here's the situation : I am a Designer working in a large manufacturing company.
    At my present work place anything goes, from bermuda shorts and sandals (for the engineers) to the boring suits (for marketers). Everyone is very open minded.
    I dress casual (jeans or skirt + tshirt) and sneakers or ballet flats. I also like to look a bit streety. I spend most of my time on a computer, but sometimes have to get "dirty" & crafty......cutting, gluing, spray painting.
    I have the perfect "Designer" style, which is dressing the same way as my colleagues who are men and a bit younger than me. (But Im super feminine, long hair, accessories...
    -> But I have a slight problem with it : people in "suits" tend to talk and look down on me !! and also if I leave this place and go for interviews or work somewhere else ?...and finally is it time to "grow up" and not dress like a college student anymore ?:confused1:
    Please help !!:hysteric:

2. You could wear a suit, but wear a fun color or printed shirt underneath the jacket or some bold/different accessories.

3. Try tailored jackets from Nanette Lepore, Sisley, Max & Co. (I own jackets from all 3 and love them!). You can pair them with jeans and heels, skirts, and slacks. Nanette Lepore makes fabulous feminine fitted jackets. :smile: I recently bought this set (it comes with a flare skirt in the same color, not the pattern one seen this pic) in brown. Hope this helps!

4. ^^ ITA about putting on a jacket to look more pulled together and professional but in a trendy style so it's not stiff and boring. You can take the jacket off when you're doing more of the crafty, hands-on work and put it on when you're meeting with colleagues and clients.

5. Enjoy being young and feminine in a funky dress from Topshop or H&M with nice platform heels that you can run in.

I agree with pursegrrl recommendation about using a jacket to dress up if need be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice