Whats the best bag for work?

I had the Hermes GP 36 and for me the downside was that it's not a shoulder carry. I mean I *could* but it was up my armpit and not a real shoulder carry bag.

I've had the LV Neverfull, YSL tote, and longchamp. One not mentioned that I really liked a lot was the Celine Medium Cabas. If had a day job and needed a tote, that's what I'd repurchase.

how are the shoulder straps for the Celine Medium Cabas? i feel like a lot of totes have short shoulder straps which is especially annoying during the winter time when you wear a coat or thick sweaters.

I'm a huge fan of MZ Wallace bags for work and travel. They're lightweight, all-weather, practically indestructible, and they have great design features -- usually a ton of pockets/compartments and many also have included pouches. Great workhorse bags.

Where I live, it rains a lot, so if I need a formal and sharp looking tote, I will use my Prada Galleria as it is in Saffiano leather that makes it more durable. Design wise, there are now some tiny updates although still maintaining its older, original composition.

However, Prada also makes this bag in many other colours (pic below) in Saffiano leather, and I think it shares the same classic representation of Prada. While I have the Neverfull DE, few Longchamp nylon totes, and a Burberry check-print tote, I do not always consider them suitable for all work purposes.

1626751519314.png

I have the Neverfull MM since 2018 and I like it as a laptop bag. The straps are ok could be more comfortable. I am really eyeing the Valentino shopper tote because it comes in a really beautiful blue gray but I’m not sure if the studs are appropriate for a work environment. I second the Tory Perry totes.

I'm not sure if this is everyone's cup of tea, but the Faure Le Page totes are pretty comfortable imo. Their tote bag is their Daily Battle and it comes in several different sizes and different color options. What's great about the bag is the adjustable strap so you can make it long or short, and they're soft as well. The bag is made of canvas but not as stiff as the Neverfull and definitely more substantial than the St. Louis. I own the 32 Daily Battle Zipped tote and so far love it, because it's comfortable to wear, the strap is generous, the corners on the bottom are reinforced, and the print is unrecognizable.

Recently I am looking for work bag and I want it to be zipper top ( don’t want stuff inside to get wet) , crossbody and at least able to fit A4 size notebook. Want it to be monogram canvas as I want it to be light. I have found the following : grand palais, rivoli and Pallas mm. Do you have any of them and can comment? If not which you prefer ? Thank you !

7DFCD4EB-A8FD-41A0-A459-0528B9A0D653.jpeg
I know I can get the grand palais now but I have a bit concern of the strap on the handle . And also it’s the more expensive choice than the other two.

If you are worried about contents of the bag getting wet, would vachetta be a concern?
I plan to use my own guitar strap so only the handle would be exposed? But handle can be wrapped with Bandau or it eventually can be ordered new . So I am less worried. But at least the bag itself is rather waterproof.

I have Pallas MM, when I have to carry document I take her out. The bag is structure enough to not wrinkle my papers. The zipper top is smooth, but it won’t fit my MacBook Pro 13 if you plan to carry laptop in it.

I like that the inside has 2(or 3 can’t remember correctly) slid pocket, easier to organize the big hole :lol:

Also the side of the bag is a big pocket close with magnetic, easy to grab your phone.

The Odeon Tote looks very interesting too tho, maybe wait till you see the real one before making decision :loveeyes:

Reactions: fibbi