Work To Live, or Live To Work ?

Live to work... for now since that I work pretty much 6 days a week!!:cry:

HOWEVER, it does give me a relatively good salary and allows me to enjoy my bag buying hobby :heart:

Work to live. And, if I won the lottery-I would work-but, at anything in the world I wanted to despite the money, benefits. Probably something to do with children or animals.

Work to live and if I win the lottery (anyday now) I'll still continue working. I can't stand just sitting around the house and not doing anything. But then I'll probably end up traveling around the world, get bored and then back to work for me. :roflmfao:

Work to live. I really like my job, but it's not my ideal dream job.

If I won the lottery, I'd still have to do something. I don't like sitting around. Even if it were opening my own Jill's House of Puppies, Purses and Books, I'd have to do something.

I've gone through a couple of stages.

Ages 25-40: definately lived to work. Loved the challange of succeeding in a career and "moving up the ladder". Traveled lots and had few outside interests. Basically my whole life revolved around my work.

At 40 I took a hiatus: took a few years off, got married, tried some different things.

Now, at age 46: I work to live. I love my job, but it no longer is my reason for getting up in the morning. I have no interest in management responsibilities or the 60 hour work week even though it would mean more $. Just give me a paycheck, my benefits, short hours and quick commute. My priorities are elsewhere, and happily so. :amuse:

Hmmm..... Live to work....?? I don't think that would be me, but I definitely don't work to live, have you seen one of my paychecks?:P Believe me, if I needed it to live I'd be in a different field entirely! Maybe that will eventually change, but right now I enjoy what I do and the organization I do it for. I have been involved in my field through volunteering for years, and if I won the lottery I'd still work. I'd love to be able to retire early and spend that time traveling, donating to the organizations I care most about and leaving some for my future children. Obviously some shopping too:biggrin:

i work to live. if i won the lottery, i'd still work, but cut down to part time and work on getting my degrees instead.

and i would go back to working at restoration hardware...

Before I had my kids, I was really into my job and put in alot of extra time. Now I feel like my REAL job is to raise decent human beings.

I still work part-time and give 100% while I'm there.

I would work if I won the lotto and finally say all of the things I've always wanted to because I wouldn't be afraid to lose the job!!!!:lol:

I'm not quite sure what to chose. I live with my parents and am still in high school, so my job provides me with extra spending money and money for college later on. However, if I had to give up one of my activities, I would quit my job. I get an allowance so not having a job wouldn't be a big deal.

Later on in life, I kind of hope for live to work. I don't want to become a workaholic, but I hope that I'll want to go to work each day.