Words that grate, words you hate....

If i see rEdiculous on this board one more time, i will seriously have a nervous breakdown. :sweatdrop::cursing:

Glad I'm not the only one...

I hate it when people say "warsh" instead of "wash"

For some reason, I hate the word "tender"

And I really don't think it's that hard to figure out when to use "there", "they're", or "their" appropriately.

Also, I don't like it when people say "No offense.." because whatever is following is obviously something that is going to sound offensive.

ITA, it happens all the time!:yes: Also, I don't know if this classifies as words that grate, but, I can't stand when ppl use the word "like" excessively. "........like.......like......like......." Can't they come up with something else to replace that word? Is it necessary to use it more than once? Also, when they use the phrase KWIM when they're explaining something. If I knew what they meant, I wouldn't be asking them, now would I?:cursing:

Last edited:
I hate when people use business jargon phrases in regular speech. Like: "bring to the table" or "major player" or "action item."

I can't stand that most of the people I work with use nothin' instead of saying anything. Example: I wasn't doing nothin'...WHAT???? My dh used to do that when we first started dating and I would point it out to him and finally one day he looked at me and says "I sound stupid when I do that, don't I?" Yes, yes you do! I'm also not a fan of people using the word "lappy" in place of laptop and the word "sunnies" in place of sunglasses, I'm not even sure why those two words irritate me so much but I want to punch myself in the face every time I hear them or read them. My least favorite word is definitely the "C" word, I never use it (and I tend to say anything that strikes my fancy) and I don't want to ever hear it used in my direction.

ITA, it happens all the time!:yes: Also, I don't know if this classifies as words that grate, but, I can't stand when ppl use the word "like" excessively. "........like.......like......like......." Can't they come up with something else to replace that word? Is it necessary to use it more than once? Also, when they use the phrase KWIM when they're explaining something. If I knew what they meant, I wouldn't be asking them, now would I?:cursing:

I hate it when people us e KWIM or know what I am saying after every sentence.