Woodbury Commons? Worth it?

Selena,
I actually made the trip to Woodbury Commons last monday (President's Day), and the sales were great!! It was a very "worth-it" shopping trip. The outlets were amazing, and Juicy, Banana Republic, Coach, Burberry, had great sales just to name a few. The only thing I have heard from other girls on this forum is that sometimes the outlets have similar pricing to the actual stores, and may not have a ton of good sales. So, from my experience I think that at amazing time to go is on a holiday weekend where they have sales on prices that have already been slashed. But, if you are just going to go up on a regular day, I would still say it is worth it- you may find something amazing!!

I think with any outlet, even the amazing ones, it's really touch-and-go. I've been to Woodbury a few times, and there were days where I found amazing deals, and other days, not so much. I think it helps if you plan on going to the stores you are interested in.

I agree with SuLi. Outlets are hit or miss. At times I've gotten some lovely things at Woodbury Commons and at other times I came up empty. I'd say it's worth the trip though.

WORTH IT!

I used to live 12 miles down Rt. 17 in Tuxedo Park, when Woodbury Commons was half the size it is today. I swear I saved $10K/yr by shopping there.

But if you are making a special day trip and have just a limited time there, try to have a plan - look at their website, and choose which stores to go to. Also, for your favorite stores, you might want to give them a call and see if they're expecting shipments or reductions in the near future. I remember Wednesdays and Thursdays as being some of the best days to shop.

No matter where I shop, I try to befriend the SAs. They can point out the best days and times to shop and keep an eye out for the things you want. Have a fabulous time!

Worth it!!! I use to go alot when my husband was at Westpoint, I really miss it! It is better now, than when I shopped there. Just don't go on a Saturday if you can help it.

Lauren said:
Selena,
I actually made the trip to Woodbury Commons last monday (President's Day), and the sales were great!! It was a very "worth-it" shopping trip. The outlets were amazing, and Juicy, Banana Republic, Coach, Burberry, had great sales just to name a few. The only thing I have heard from other girls on this forum is that sometimes the outlets have similar pricing to the actual stores, and may not have a ton of good sales. So, from my experience I think that at amazing time to go is on a holiday weekend where they have sales on prices that have already been slashed. But, if you are just going to go up on a regular day, I would still say it is worth it- you may find something amazing!!

That's what I plan to do- go on a holiday weekend...when is the next major holiday??

*thinks* memorial day! Thats great, just enough time to save up:amuse: