Woodbury Commons? Worth it?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi I am planning a trip to Woodbury Commons. Anyone have any experiences? I see they have some good outlets?
    Let me know!
    Selena

2. Selena,
    I actually made the trip to Woodbury Commons last monday (President's Day), and the sales were great!! It was a very "worth-it" shopping trip. The outlets were amazing, and Juicy, Banana Republic, Coach, Burberry, had great sales just to name a few. The only thing I have heard from other girls on this forum is that sometimes the outlets have similar pricing to the actual stores, and may not have a ton of good sales. So, from my experience I think that at amazing time to go is on a holiday weekend where they have sales on prices that have already been slashed. But, if you are just going to go up on a regular day, I would still say it is worth it- you may find something amazing!!

3. I think with any outlet, even the amazing ones, it's really touch-and-go. I've been to Woodbury a few times, and there were days where I found amazing deals, and other days, not so much. I think it helps if you plan on going to the stores you are interested in.

4. I agree with SuLi. Outlets are hit or miss. At times I've gotten some lovely things at Woodbury Commons and at other times I came up empty. I'd say it's worth the trip though.

5. WORTH IT!

I used to live 12 miles down Rt. 17 in Tuxedo Park, when Woodbury Commons was half the size it is today. I swear I saved $10K/yr by shopping there.

But if you are making a special day trip and have just a limited time there, try to have a plan - look at their website, and choose which stores to go to. Also, for your favorite stores, you might want to give them a call and see if they're expecting shipments or reductions in the near future. I remember Wednesdays and Thursdays as being some of the best days to shop.

No matter where I shop, I try to befriend the SAs. They can point out the best days and times to shop and keep an eye out for the things you want. Have a fabulous time!

6. Worth it!!! I use to go alot when my husband was at Westpoint, I really miss it! It is better now, than when I shopped there. Just don't go on a Saturday if you can help it.

7. That seems to be one of the better outlets out there :biggrin:

8. That's what I plan to do- go on a holiday weekend...when is the next major holiday??

*thinks* memorial day! Thats great, just enough time to save up:amuse:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice