Woo Hoo - I am a Paddington Owner!

LuvManoloB

O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
Last night, I went to Nordstrom to pick up my whiskey paddington! She is perfect and even more beautiful in person!! I posted last week about my little drama (the first one sent from the SCP Nordstrom was heavily USED), so this was indeed a happy ending. I can't wait to take her out and show her off. :smile:

When I get a chance, I'll try and post some pics! I am definitely hooked now. LOL. Wonder what I should get next. . . .

I did see 4 of the new colors though. Nordstrom had the med paddy in rouge and mastic and two other styles in the jade and muscade. I am not a red bag fan, but the rouge was GORGEOUS!!

Congrats, I'm glad to hear you got a perfect whiskey after all :flowers:

....Oh boy it must be gorgeous, whiskey is TDF and it's a shame I dont have one... cant wait to see pictures..!! :drool:

Congrats on your paddy! Question for you, this was purchased new, correct? I recently asked at my Nordies if they still had the Paddy in whiskey and they said that Chloe no longer makes it...were they just trying to sell me the last remaining orange one (which I ended up buying and have now decided to exchange, if not for whiskey then perhaps for muscade or castor...loved it but just not practical enough for a $1600 purse!). Any advice would be great!

The rumor that whiskey is going away persists. I wouldn't be surprised. :shrugs:

I hear the castor is lovely and Triplets had a muscade that was TDF!!! :love:

The orange just seems a bit flat, IMHO, compared to some of the other colors with lots of variation in color, undertones, etc.

Silly, but I like the orange a lot better in the hobo style :yes:

Congrats on your paddy! Question for you, this was purchased new, correct? I recently asked at my Nordies if they still had the Paddy in whiskey and they said that Chloe no longer makes it...were they just trying to sell me the last remaining orange one (which I ended up buying and have now decided to exchange, if not for whiskey then perhaps for muscade or castor...loved it but just not practical enough for a $1600 purse!). Any advice would be great!

^ I wonder if this is true?? :confused1: A SA from the Chloe store in NY said it MAY be back for S/S next season but there are no guarantees.

I'm not crazy about orange for the same reasons. It doesn't seem as complex as other Chloe colors... :Push:

Thanks for the feedback ladies...even though I was excited about the purchase of my first Paddy, there was something about the orange color that has kept it in the bag with the tags on and receipt close by. My hesitation in using it (which has NEVER happened with a new bag purchase!) is actually what led me to seek out the purse forum, as I was looking to see if I could find a picture of the gorgeous whiskey color I remember drooling over a year ago when I first started looking at the bag (wish I'd bought it then! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess).

Anyway...if whiskey no longer is an option (which I'm not writing off completely yet!), I took a look at luisaviaroma.com and both muscade and castor caught my eye (looking for a warmer color, as my purse collection is lacking). Anyone have seen these IRL? Which would be a good substitute for whiskey? (which seemingly could go with everything!) Also, has anyone seen these in the stores? (NM, Bergdorfs, Saks) I'd prefer to order from them if possible, but don't see those colors online.

Hi there! Yes, this was purchased new. I saw a Whiskey Paddy at Nordies, but I passed on it. A couple days later I had a case of "what were you thinking", so I called my SA and asked if they still had it. She told me no, but she had been able to find the SKU number. Then she was able to search all Nordstrom stores to find me one. She actually found 2 for me, but the first one was used. I would say as long as they have a SKU number, they can search for you. As far as I know, I don't think they are making the Whiskey anymore. I can get the SKU number off mine for you if you like.

Hi there! Yes, this was purchased new. I saw a Whiskey Paddy at Nordies, but I passed on it. A couple days later I had a case of "what were you thinking", so I called my SA and asked if they still had it. She told me no, but she had been able to find the SKU number. Then she was able to search all Nordstrom stores to find me one. She actually found 2 for me, but the first one was used. I would say as long as they have a SKU number, they can search for you. As far as I know, I don't think they are making the Whiskey anymore. I can get the SKU number off mine for you if you like.

That would be great LuvManoloB, maybe by some crazy chance they'll be able to find me one. I really appreciate the help!