Won't be on tpf as much as I would like to anymore...

I'm so glad you're still with us coachgirl, I enjoy reading your posts. It's very true as some ladies have said here that when we first find tPF it's like a honeymoon and we're so excited to see all of the Coach beauties! Of course we want more but after awhile you can still use this site to learn all about the pros/cons of the bags and other tips to help refine your collection and get it just right. Of course it takes time and money to buy/sell but in the end you'll have the collection you love :love: because every bag will be a great one. I've read here somewhere that the average American woman has 5 purses so I am trying to hone my collection to 5 or below, I'm using that as a guideline.
This site keeps me from staring at ebay too much! I used to be on ebay a lot more, now I spend a lot more time over here with you ladies. That is good!

Well hope to see you soon. I understand where you're coming from. Everytime I turn the computer on my DH asks me, "are you going on that forum AGAIN?" He kinda makes me feel guilty, then I get off. So I have to spend most of time on here while he is sleeping, or working, LOL!

I was telling my hubby that I may be receiving a Coach coupon and he was like "You just bought 2 coach bags in the last few months...What more do you need?". At first I was kinda mad ( a girl can never have to many purses right!?!) but then I realized that I would like to save up some money because we're going to Hawaii too in July and everything is so expensive there. I think my hubby realized I was a little mad because he hugged me later and said that I can buy my "Bridgit" in the fall after our trip. Hopefully that style will be still around.
I understand how you feel about this site. I stopped buying Coach purses ever since I stopped working to be a stay-at-home mom four years ago. We had to be extra careful with money with only one income coming in. Ever since I discovered this site few months ago, my Coach addiction ignited again.

BTW...where are you staying in Hawaii Coach Girl? We're staying at the Hilton Hawaiin Village in Waikiki. This is my first time to Hawaii...we're so excited!!! Hope you have a great time too!
yeah i hear ya, your hubby sounds a lot like my boyfriend because they don't know that girls like to accessorize! haha... i'm going to Hawaii in May... we are also staying in Waikiki at a Hilton resort, I can't remember which one though... LOL... this is my first time too! you better post pics of your trip girl! I'll definitely have to post pics of my trip!! You have a wonderful time there as well! ;)

Well hope to see you soon. I understand where you're coming from. Everytime I turn the computer on my DH asks me, "are you going on that forum AGAIN?" He kinda makes me feel guilty, then I get off. So I have to spend most of time on here while he is sleeping, or working, LOL!
^^^LMAO! My boyfriend says the EXACT same thing... over time now he just KNOWS! :roflmfao:

Awww, I'm sorry we won't see you as much but I totally understand! I have had to cut back my time here in the past too...and maybe soon again if I start feeling too much temptation.

I totally understand where you are coming from! My BF just got so angry with me the other day for spending so much money on Coach stuff. The funny thing is that compared to many people on this board, I barely have anything, lol! But, I have spent a lot lately on accessories, it is crazy how much all of the keyfobs, charms, and scarves add up to. I am afraid to buy anything now because I can't sneak it past my BF since we live together and he always is home before me to get the mail. He is right though because I am a student and have credit card debt (not to mention the student loans I am racking up for grad school each year).

TPF is definitely tempting. Maybe you can just avoid the Coach forum and hang out in the playground threads so you can still get a fix! You will be missed here though!

I totally understand where you are coming from! My BF just got so angry with me the other day for spending so much money on Coach stuff. The funny thing is that compared to many people on this board, I barely have anything, lol! But, I have spent a lot lately on accessories, it is crazy how much all of the keyfobs, charms, and scarves add up to. I am afraid to buy anything now because I can't sneak it past my BF since we live together and he always is home before me to get the mail. He is right though because I am a student and have credit card debt (not to mention the student loans I am racking up for grad school each year).

TPF is definitely tempting. Maybe you can just avoid the Coach forum and hang out in the playground threads so you can still get a fix! You will be missed here though!
LOL.. yeah i hear ya fashionista... no i'm still definitely going to be in the COACH forum, i'm just not going to be constantly thinking I 'want' something when i don't... I'll just be more of a looker and a commenter now... not going to post any new purchases until my ban is up in June! then I'll probably have some new stuff to post! :tup:

ITA :tup::tup::tup:
I am online almost all day for work so I check tPF in between working. Totally addictive.
Same here and I telecommute so no one looking over my shoulder.:graucho: I've become addicted to Balenciaga and even more addicted to Coach since I've joined TPF - ironically I discovered this forum while trying to figure out what the name of a Coach bag I was going to sell was. I did sell off pretty much all of the bags I was not using (and it was a lot), so I have fewer, but boy are they more expensive ones! I have managed to cool it a bit on Bal - actually sold one and no plans to buy another until Fall and then only one! Coach -well, I have a merch. credit which I'm going to use for sure, but after that I think I'll stick to the outlets - I've gotten most of my recent bags there for at least half off what the retail was so while I've bought 7 bags recently only one was at full retail and I had a gift card I used for that, one was off Ebay at about 60% off retail, one was on PCE and the rest outlet at least 50% off - some more.

lol tpf has totally increased my shopping addiction. because now I am aware of all these sales and deals that I just can't pass up!! I put myself on a ban (see signature), but I guess that doesn't include bags! HA!

So you helped me out today, Coachgirl!! I just wanted to say thanks for your posts today...it really got me to thinking about a lot of this, and how I've lately made a lot of "impulse" buys!

I was originally going to go to a couple of TJ Maxx stores over lunch, but I decided to pass. I bought a lot over the weekend, and I figured what I don't know about (that's there in the store) won't hurt me, LOL!! Now tomorrow is another day, and I just might go...but...most likely they will be sold out of everything anyway. Or at least that's my theory...:P I'm TRYING not to buy anymore from there!!

I confess I was also SOOOOO close to placing another order at the boutique today... I called a local store to find out if they could see whether I would receive the coupon, and to also check stock for a couple of items. This is the store that had the burnt orange pleated satchel the other day (customer return). Well, the girl told me there was nothing under my name as far as promos go, and they couldn't even find DH in the system. AGAIN...this completely pissed me off because it happens ALL the time!! I would say 50% of the time (or greater) we go to purchase something, and one or both of us have been mysteriously "deleted". I know my info they sometimes get mixed up with another lady that lives here in my same town and just a few streets over, so I think they periodically overwrite that info when one of us goes to make a purchase. Anyway, so no coupon for either of us it seems, and I asked if they would honor the discount without one, and she told me that they didn't have any coupons at the store..so basically that's a "no". Then she looked up the items and told me they are running REALLY low on stock. She asked me if I would like to place an order, and I have to admit to you it was SOO tempting, but I said no...no coupon for me means no order for me...thanks anyway!! TBH, I'll probably make one purchase if I can get any other store to honor the discount, but I see chances of that are VERY slim. And if not, it's just as well...I'll just use F&F and make my outlet run!!

I think part of my problem is knowing that some of the items I want don't ever make it to a lot of stores, including most Coach stores around here. I get "scared" when I hear they are running low on the stock, but the reality is I really don't NEED another bag....no matter how wonderful it is.

I completely understand. I used to purchase one new bag a year and now I get one every other month. I would like to take some time off also but I'm addicted.

I was able to control myself before I made my handbag purchases, but only by a hairbreadth. :shame: I can't tell you how many times I had to stop myself from buying a bag, but looking at the results (I bought a bag recently but didn't buy any for two years before that), I am proud to say that I have been successful :wlae:except for small accessories such as hats, wristlets, charms, sunglasses, and keyfobs, which totals almost $1 K for these two years :wtf: and about half I purchased in the span of these 2 months since I found the Coach subforum! :shocked: This is what tPf has done to me...:sweatdrop: