Wondering what Diff is in these 2 bags

jalo

Dec 12, 2009

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
The first one is a bag that came from the full-price delete store. The second bag with the F in front of the style number is a made for factory bag, possibly an outlet version of the first bag.

jalo

Dec 12, 2009
Other than that they are the same?
I just can't find a difference in those to models even with out the "f" 11842 and 13105.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
More than likely they are the same except for the hardware color. Once an SA at a factory store told me that they use a different type of leather for factory items but it isn't of lesser quality. Neither of the listings show the patch so that you can see the date they were made, but the silver factory one is probably newer. Coach has used different style numbers for almost identical items that were made in different years.

jalo

Dec 12, 2009
So I guess it really does not matter. So different numbers same bag? So confusing. Guess I will just go with the one I like. I also see that the gold hardware has 2 pockets on the front and the silver tone has one long pocket on the front. So I am thinking the silvertone one is the newer one also. Is it possible they have the 13105 and and F13105?

Jenn222

Pandora & Lush
Feb 9, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
When they make a factory version, even if it's almost exactly the same like these, they assign it a new style number. Like the other girls have said, the outlet versions are just as good, but come after the full price ones are sold in stores and use different but equally good leather. I think they make outlet versions when the bags are popular in the full price stores like this one was :smile: enjoy whichever one u choose!

So I guess it really does not matter. So different numbers same bag? So confusing. Guess I will just go with the one I like. I also see that the gold hardware has 2 pockets on the front and the silver tone has one long pocket on the front. So I am thinking the silvertone one is the newer one also. Is it possible they have the 13105 and and F13105?

jalo

Dec 12, 2009
Now I just have to decide which one....such decisions:smile: Gold tone, silver, two pockets, one......thanks for all your informaiton:smile:

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Now I just have to decide which one....such decisions:smile: Gold tone, silver, two pockets, one......thanks for all your informaiton:smile:
Since the prices are similar and they are both new with tags, I would choose the botique bag over the made for factory MFF outlet bag. I am sure that they are both very nice bags but the boutique bags often use higher quality materials and may have more detailing than the outlet versions.

That isn't always true, I have seen some MFF bags that were virtually identical to the originals but usually the boutique bags are nicer IMO.