Wonderful Let-Trade makes everything right!!!!

Aww...glad everything worked out!

I think all of their items have a mothball smell. Actually anything coming from Hong Kong usually does... :wtf: But my white Le Fab lost its smell about 2 weeks into daily use.

I had a great experience with Let-Trade. I got my beautiful beautiful le Fab from them after I swore I would never go anywhere but the boutique. Now I browse their page every day to look for new fabulous LV items.

Mothball smell or not!

I don't believe they were intentionally dishonest. It's my understanding that because of the humidity and insects, many things in Hong Kong are stored with mothballs. If it's a very common smell to the region, it may not be very noticeable to people who live there.

Fair enough, I hadn't thought of that.

At any rate, glad it worked out to your satisfaction.

Ryan

Well, wouldn't that be something to expect from a retailer, not something extra special?

I understand that you were worried about the transaction, but most retailers in the US do accept an item back within a reasonable time period if one is not satisfied with it, no questions asked.

Well, wouldn't that be something to expect from a retailer, not something extra special?

I understand that you were worried about the transaction, but most retailers in the US do accept an item back within a reasonable time period if one is not satisfied with it, no questions asked.

Since this was an international reseller/eBay seller with an internet business and not a large company, I didn't know what to expect and was very nervous. That's why I'm so thrilled that everything worked out.

I have to say though, since they not only didn't deduct shipping from the refund, but also paid my return shipping... I'd have to say that's a pretty good deal.

That's so good to hear; I have been nervous with all the stories of bags smelling and have sorta ruled out dealing with Let Trade...but after reading this thread; I feel more confident! :yes:

I am so pleased the situation worked out. However they really should have told you the truth if they were so willing to accomodate your desire to return the item..
I wont buy from there now.

that's great to hear. I guess either I'm lucky or my nose doesn't work coz I've bought from them 3 times and don't have any problems with smelly bags so far *fingers crossed*