Won pink Chanel purse but seller refuse to guarentee authenticity!!

pinkbox

Sep 2, 2008
Richmond BC
I just won a pink chanel lambskin yesterday but realized something fishy about the zipper of the purse and immediately messaged the seller if he can guarentee the authenticity to avoid returning the item, but the seller kept ignoring the question and said that it had been 24hrs and ask when will i be paying. The purse comes with card and hologram sticker.

Here are the pictures of the purse. I'm not totally familiar with the vintage style of chanel so is this juz vintage or fake?

Thanks a lot!!

Attachments

pigalle74

Apr 7, 2009
I would post it under Authenticate this Chanel thread. I think they'd need to see more pics though. If you don't feel comfortable and the seller won't give you the guarantee then you should not go through the transaction. Ask the seller either the guarantee or to agree to cancel the transaction.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
Post the link here? if it is fake Ebay will remove the auction and you will not have to pay. Do not pay for it until you find out if it is real. You have 7 days before you have to pay. Pigalle said she would post in Chanel Authenticate section - or can you post the pictures there??

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Yikes. I am not an expert by any means, but that zipper pull looks really cheap. Definitely try to post in the authenticate section! I am not sure why you weren't able to post there. Maybe ask one of the moderators why?

Aug 14, 2009
hmm, with the seller deliberately avoiding the authenticity question, that alone would unnerve me. don't pay yet until you're sure. if you cannot post the pics, try posting the link to the auction.

best of luck.

Apr 15, 2007
If you don't think that the seller is going to authenticate this bag and they

haven't acknowledged or answered your e-mails, that would be a red flag to me.

Wouldn't go through with the transaction but see that ebay voided it so your

concerns were right on. Yes, lucky you didn't pay...

archygirl

Dec 7, 2006
New Jersey
To OP, I would recommend authentication requests before bidding on CHANEL bags on eBay especially, since there are lots of fakes available. Good thing eBay pulled the listing, I think you may be safe...but in future, check in authentication thread here first, those ladies know CHANEL. Good luck!

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Yes, do take this as a learning opportunity. Definitely, authenticate any Chanel bag you're considering from eBay. Be aware that the vast, vast majority of listings are of fakes. The TPF authentication forums are really a great resource.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
You should also try to buy from trusted sellers! You should be able to find info about the trusted sellers in the Chanel forum.