Won Kelly 32 at Auction. What is it worth?

PoohBear

Nov 15, 2013
I won this bag at a reputable auction house but I'm new to Hermes and have no clue if it's value.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411505064.280132.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411505073.571260.jpg

Hermes 32cm Rouge H Chamonix leather Sellier Kelly

Excellent condition
Comes w/ lock, key, clochette, box, strap, & dustbag. One key is missing

Anyone available to comment?

I won this bag at a reputable auction house but I'm new to Hermes and have no clue if it's value.

View attachment 2759332

View attachment 2759333

Hermes 32cm Rouge H Chamonix leather Sellier Kelly

Excellent condition
Comes w/ lock, key, clochette, box, strap, & dustbag. One key is missing

Anyone available to comment?
I saw that specific bag in person and while I think there are probably other threads in Shopping to discuss price, it is absolutely lovely, so congratulations!

I'm not sure if this bag is "great" or just "ok". Forgive me for being clueless. My husband bought me a Birkin 35 for my birthday in 2012, but I never carry it. I thought I may carry a Kelly because it can be worn crossbody and it's smaller. I just saw this one and bought it, but do not know a thing about it! Hoping some Hermes experts may have some insight!

I'm not sure if this bag is "great" or just "ok". Forgive me for being clueless. My husband bought me a Birkin 35 for my birthday in 2012, but I never carry it. I thought I may carry a Kelly because it can be worn crossbody and it's smaller. I just saw this one and bought it, but do not know a thing about it! Hoping some Hermes experts may have some insight!

As others have said, not sure what you are asking here. Insight as to what, exactly? There are several threads on the Kelly, sizes, leathers, carrying and personalizing a Kelly, etc.

If you want price info, perhaps looked at closed auctions for similar bags? Presumably, you paid what you thought it was worth?

I did compare prices for this bag and paid a reasonable price for it. I guess my question is:

Is this bag anything special or is it a typical Kelly?

For example, my husband shops at Hermes all the time. He bought a "Candy series" Birkin for my bday. I wanted to return it and get black, but the SA's said I was crazy because the one he bought was very special. I kept it. I, seriously, am clueless!

I did compare prices for this bag and paid a reasonable price for it. I guess my question is:

Is this bag anything special or is it a typical Kelly?

For example, my husband shops at Hermes all the time. He bought a "Candy series" Birkin for my bday. I wanted to return it and get black, but the SA's said I was crazy because the one he bought was very special. I kept it. I, seriously, am clueless!

I hate to say this, because you're probably not going to like my answer, but I have to be blunt: I think those SAs didn't do you any favors, because they basically talked you into keeping a bag you never use. The candy Kellys and Birkins were limited edition, but whether or not they were worth a certain price, or worth buying at all, depends entirely on the individual customer. I was never tempted to buy one because they are made out of Epsom, a leather I personally don't care for. For others, though, they were very special and worth every penny!

Rouge H in Chamonix is less common than, say, black Togo. But how "special" it is, and what it's worth, is something you have to decide for yourself. Sorry there is no magic bullet answer here.

I hate to say this, because you're probably not going to like my answer, but I have to be blunt: I think those SAs didn't do you any favors, because they basically talked you into keeping a bag you never use. The candy Kellys and Birkins were limited edition, but whether or not they were worth a certain price, or worth buying at all, depends entirely on the individual customer. I was never tempted to buy one because they are made out of Epsom, a leather I personally don't care for. For others, though, they were very special and worth every penny!

Rouge H in Chamonix is less common than, say, black Togo. But how "special" it is, and what it's worth, is something you have to decide for yourself. Sorry there is no magic bullet answer here.

+1. Honestly, I don't like it when SAs push you towards a bag that you're hesitant about because there's a reason you're not jumping at it and they need to respect that. My lovely SA will tell me that he thinks a bag looks good on me but he won't push me to buy it because 1) if I don't take it, quite frankly, someone else will, and 2) I would be resentful if I ended up with a very expensive "display piece" in my closet.

I'm not familiar with chamonix but I hear it's similar to box which may scratch easily if you're not careful. If it's not suitable for your lifestyle, no amount of money would make it worth it.

Also, the strap on the Kelly is pretty short so if you're looking to wear it crossbody, I would suggest looking at some of the threads on non-H straps.

I think your point is subjective - the SAs DID do you a favour because those Candy limited edition colours were so sought after. I personally like Epsom for how light it is to carry, even when the bag is weighed down with a ton of stuff.

If you're asking what the price of a regular 32cm Kelly is then there are threads that will tell you that but usually auction houses will add their % on top. I bought a micro Croc Kelly at auction and, in my opinion, paid too much.

It's up to you if you like Rouge H in that particular leather, it looks beautiful. Don't worry about it, just enjoy your new acquisition

It's absolutely beautiful and since you decided to bid on this purse, that means you like the look of it. As long as you did your research and paid a reasonable price for it, I'd say it's "worth" it.

One thing to note is that Kelly is not really meant to be worn cross body. The strap may be too short and IMO the style is too elegant to be worn cross body.

Trust me, I'm not offended by any of the comments. I'm typically a Chanel girl and have a million of them in black. I think that's why my husband bought the B in rose jaipur. Maybe he was trying to give me a hint. Haha

I wish I had other friends that bought expensive bags that I could have this discussion with. I love hearing the different opinions that each one of you have! I'm grateful to all.

darling the bag in picture is stunning still a sellier Kelly that means rigid sides as a cross body may be harder to wear and the fact that you are asking if it is a good choice i believe is a personal matter and the fact that im not getting if you are asking good buy because of Price rarity or simply what we think of it so here goes to my understanding

bag beautiful
rare well rare as Hermes can be since kellys are hard to get but not exactly rare
color beautiful
condition amazing
look as a cross body hard to pull off with sellier and standard strap but as a shoulder bag amazing
rose Jaipur not a Candy color
palladium hardware beautiful

in general enjoy in the best of health great bag and more a classic color like black that you love !!!

best wishes Birkel .