Won item March 28th and still have not received!

May 26, 2007
Hi All,

I won an item on ebay on March 28th (okay, okay, I will admit it, the item is a video game (Guitar Hero! woo!)). The seller sent me an email that evening saying that they had a test coming up that next morning and would send it out that Monday morning. I got another email from him that next Wednesday saying that he got held up again, but sent the package out on Wednesday morning and up'ed the shipping to first class mail (vs. media mail). It is now a week later and I still have yet to get the game.

I emailed him yesterday (Tuesday) and let him know I didn't get the game yet (he told me that I should receive it that Monday). He still has not responded to my email so I just sent another and am hoping he will respond. The seller has 100% feedback. I was also never provided with a tracking number. On the listing, he says his buyers should receive their item in 2-9 days, so today marks the 10th day. I do understand that things happen that are beyond seller's control though.

I am wondering what my next step should be. Obviously if the seller responds, I will wait to see if he can track the package and if it is lost, get a refund hopefully. If he does not respond, how long should I wait to file a dispute with Paypal?

well if the seller does not respond, you should file an item not received dispute on paypal immediately. it might also be that the seller is having you wait it out so that it would be too late for you to file a dispute. to be on the safe side, just file the dispute first. that might make him sweat it out and actually do something about it. and the dispute gives you both time to communicate. hopefully you do receive it but filing a dispute would be better.

I believe you have to wait a specified period of time before you can file a claim. I'm sure it's probably just a USPS issue ~ like he mailed it off even later than he said. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up in the next day or two.

I have dealt with something like that once. I gave the seller about 3 days to respond to my first email asking about the item. Then I sent them one more email stating that this was the second attempt to contact them and requested the tracking number again. I gave them about 2 days and he responded. If your seller doesn't respond, file a dispute!

Hi All,

I won an item on ebay on March 28th (okay, okay, I will admit it, the item is a video game (Guitar Hero! woo!)). The seller sent me an email that evening saying that they had a test coming up that next morning and would send it out that Monday morning. I got another email from him that next Wednesday saying that he got held up again, but sent the package out on Wednesday morning and up'ed the shipping to first class mail (vs. media mail). It is now a week later and I still have yet to get the game.

I emailed him yesterday (Tuesday) and let him know I didn't get the game yet (he told me that I should receive it that Monday). He still has not responded to my email so I just sent another and am hoping he will respond. The seller has 100% feedback. I was also never provided with a tracking number. On the listing, he says his buyers should receive their item in 2-9 days, so today marks the 10th day. I do understand that things happen that are beyond seller's control though.

I am wondering what my next step should be. Obviously if the seller responds, I will wait to see if he can track the package and if it is lost, get a refund hopefully. If he does not respond, how long should I wait to file a dispute with Paypal?

I just wanted to add that I love Guitar Hero (my SO just bought me Guitar Hero III for our XBox360 to play while I was at home sick) - no shame, girl!

I am waiting for my Guitar Hero too! I paid on the 29th and still haven't received it yet. I'd just wait a couple more days and try to contact the seller some more.

I'm still waiting for my item that's paid on the 1st of April. Seller didn't ship it till the 6th!! It's gonna take longer coz it's coming from America.

I love guitar hero too!! I have no.2 on xbox 360 and i wanna get a no.3 for my wii! Hope you get your game soon.

I totally sympathize with you. I won an auction (clothing) on 3/28 and paid immediately via PayPal. 14 days later now and I still haven't received the package. I emailed the seller last night and politely inquired about the status of the shipment, but haven't yet received a response. The seller is here in the U.S., so I find it absolutely unacceptable for shipping to take two weeks. If the seller shipped right away and the fault lies with USPS, then then it is up to the seller to at least let me know. Aaaargh...sorry for the rant, I'm better now.:hrmm: I hope you get your game soon!