won dispute with paypal, I'm sending the bag back do I need to pay for insurance, etc

Oops, missed your last post. Good thing you got signature confirmation. Unless Paypal instructed you to return the bag, they can't really go back after you for the money they refunded. (though it was the right thing to do to return it)

Even though you weren't happy, you should always end a transaction in a positive note. You never know what kind of seller/buyer you'll run into and it might cause you problems in the future. Return the bag with priority, it's not that much more. I can understand you were once mad but if in the future, you have anything you're selling, the crazy person might report all your items to ebay and more than likely they will remove it. As with feedback, don't attack the seller but just say that the item was returned b/c it wasn't in the condition that you had expected it to be.

edit
woops i just read the thread but just keep this in mind next time.

Has Paypal told you to return the bag yet? Make sure you follow their process, just in case something goes hinky later. I've heard other people say to make sure to wait until Paypal tells you to return it.
thanks for the reply

paypal actually told me no further action was needed, so no, they did not tell me to return the bag

I wouldn't worry about it & don't stress over it. You have now returned her bag, what more does she want? It should only take a few days if you are in both in the same state. If she had been honest in her description she would not have encountered this problem to begin with.
When I sell my used stuff I photograph ever blemish & am totally upfront about the overall condition, so far I've never had a problem.
Maybe her user id should be genuinelyfilthyhandbags

Because of the tone of her last email, I'd reply to her along the lines of;

"I am happy to return your bag to you. Please advise which method of postage you want me to use. Once I have received payment from you for your choice of postage (in this instance, cash or cleared cheque is acceptable) I will send the bag straight away.

I'm sure you can appreciate that I should not be out of pocket in any way in regard to this transaction.

Thank you."

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

K

^ paypal terms state that in a SNAD claim the buyer has to pay for postage when they return the bag. only thing is that paypal hasnt asked for a return...

good luck with it.