Won a purse, should I get insurance?

fashionjunkee

Jan 18, 2008
I just won a $735 LV on eBay, and i'm just wondering whether or not I should get insurance. Exactly does insurance cover if package gets lost or would that not matter b/c the company would cover that since its their fault. Or does insurance just cover damages that it may have undergone while being shipped?

I guess i'm just so paranoid since i've heard tons of awful stories about eBay, Fedex/UPS, etc etc.

Technically, the seller is responsible for providing insurance, tracking, etc. because if it doesn't arrive and they cannot provide proof of online tracking, it's their responsibility.

So I'm confused. If the seller asks you to buy insurance for extra and you don't, it's their responsibility in the end, so shouldn't it be mandatory from their end? If a package gets lost and the buyer didn't buy insurance, would the seller still be responsible?

Technically, the seller is responsible for providing insurance, tracking, etc. because if it doesn't arrive and they cannot provide proof of online tracking, it's their responsibility.

So I'm confused. If the seller asks you to buy insurance for extra and you don't, it's their responsibility in the end, so shouldn't it be mandatory from their end? If a package gets lost and the buyer didn't buy insurance, would the seller still be responsible?

Yes, the seller is responsible for getting the item to you and if the seller cannot prove that you received it, then you can get your money back. Often I just pay the extra for the insurance as I figure it will be less of a hassle if there's a problem. Although, trying to collect from USPS can take months as I found out when something I returned got lost.