Women RTW Fall 2017

Apr 15, 2007
I'm in the minority here liking H clothes.
I like the clean lines & the look of them just because they are understated.
The leathers are always such beautiful quality with an unexpected detail & the colors are usually very beautiful.
I also like that that that are not so instantly recognizable & that the wearer stands out & not the clothes

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
State of Denial
I generally like the recent collections. Can't afford them, but like them. Unlike some couture-level garments (IMO), Hermes pieces LOOK expensive in both fabrication and construction. And I agree that while they do scream "luxury" they don't scream their designer's name, which is kind of rare at this moment in fashion. The platform boots (which I like, but many will not) are definitely a bit "out there" and expressly youthful for Hermes, but overall there are lots of separates that should work for a variety of customers. And the colors are gorgeous, as always.

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
State of Denial
It's a beautiful collection but like every H collection I can remember no matter the designer, it reads to me as "clothes for tall people", so, not for me.
LOL! Would any of the blouses or jackets work for you, QuelleFromage? I agree, the full-length coats and thigh-high boots are hard to pull off unless one is very tall. (If anybody feels like buying me somethin', I'm sorta tallish. :P) Or might Hermes do slightly different cuts for markets where the majority of consumers are more petite? That would be sensible, like making boots for different calf sizes. I know that often the extremity of the cuts shown on the runway, like micro-mini skirts, is toned down for general production.