Woman troubles...

Mine started getting worse a few years ago, and my doctor put me on the pill Seasonale. Only 4 times a year now, and not too bad. I hear that shortly they will be releasing a new pill that will eliminate them altogether. About time.

So sorry Megs!!! :cry: It really really sucks.:sad:

You all might think I'm nutso (or worse!) but I had a good friend in grad school who's dad was an OB/GYN. She had horrible cramps every month and her dr. dad told her to do a few shots of whiskey:blink: I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. She did this every single month and swore it helped...alcohol...muscle relaxant...

So now if I get reeeeeeaally bad ones, it's a shot or two that helps. It doesn't make all of the pain go away, but seems to numb it and heck, I'm more relaxed and sleepy too...

Whatever you decide, hope the remedy helps you!!! :flowers:

Thanks everyone!!!

I don't really believe in the birth control pill... part of the eastern medicine thing. But to me taking a pill that gives your body hormones and induces a 'fake' period only masks the problem- not to mention messes up your estrogen and progesterone levels which only makes it worse down the road!

Sunshine- I have one of those heating pads wrapped around me for my back pain... and then another on the front. When I move around, it sounds like I am wearing a depends!!! :roflmfao:

Megs said:
Thanks everyone!!!

I don't really believe in the birth control pill... part of the eastern medicine thing. But to me taking a pill that gives your body hormones and induces a 'fake' period only masks the problem- not to mention messes up your estrogen and progesterone levels which only makes it worse down the road!

Sunshine- I have one of those heating pads wrapped around me for my back pain... and then another on the front. When I move around, it sounds like I am wearing a depends!!! :roflmfao:
I had those bad boys wrapped around my neck like a bad dream the last few nights! We had some friends stop by and they saw the white band sticking out and they were like...are you trying to quite smoking...GOOD GOD...that would have been one hell of a patch!! besides the fact that Im not a smoker...(unless Im drinking..) they are wondeful arent they??? Im sorry you are in pain..IT SUCKS that you feel like you have on depends...but you still have to get up allllll wrappped up and got pottty....I love being a woman...I do...but DAMN!:mad:

Aww.. I'm sorry to hear that you're so down and out. Hopefully it'll pass soon (and maybe be less bad in a month's time !). I've never had issues with my monthly visitor (and it was more like the once a season guest before I was on birth control pills) so unfortunately I don't have any secret tricks up my sleeve.

Feel better soon !!

I really have no advice-I am one of those women most women hate in this department-I only get cramps about 3 times out of the year and they are not bad at all.

Just wanted to say i am sorry you are feeling like s**t - I hope it gets better for you.

mine used to be bad when i was younger but since i am taking quite a bit of meds, it hasnt been as bad.. make sure u have eaten something, doesnt have to be heavy food, maybe soup or something, lay down and relax of course... try to think of safething safe, calm, and peaceful, or maybe a movie that you really like that makes u smile often.. also, regular check-up with your doctor, just to make sure there's nothing else aside from regular cramps.. i hope you start to feel better soon... oh yeah, don't forget multi-vitamins..

I guess my advice isn't going to help cuz I was going to say the birth control pill too... I used to get them BAD... in high school I was fine until my senior year and then it started getting really horrible, calling out sick, staying home, lying around with a heating pad for hours, just plain old painful to move... It was so bad. My freshman year in college it was also really bad and then I had an ovarian cyst burst (omg, worst pain ever, I don't wish that on anyone!) and my dr in DC thought maybe the increase in pain had to do with the cysts and put me on birth control because it is supposed to be helpful in preventing the cysts and stopping cramps. At first I was actually on a lower dose birth control and it didn't stop the cramping so I think I'm on one of the originals so it is a higher dose than some of the newer ones.

I'm sure birth control is only one method of helping this stop, I hope you find what works for you, and I'm really sorry you're going through it, I know how miserable it is :sad:

I have been having "woman troubles" lately as well. In the past few months my cycles have gone crazy causing severe cramping among other symptoms that would qualify as "too much information." My doctor had me take 2 Aleves (220 mg.) every 12 hours for 24 hours. This helped significantly with the cramping. This dosage exceeds what the label says to take, so you may want to consult your doctor to see if it's okay.

I hope you are able to find a long term solution to your troubles!

Hmm I was going to say bc pills too, mine used to be so bad I just wanted to die, really. But now they're not much at all. If you aren't interested in the pill how about yoga? My friends who work out heavily say it really helps. That and I think you need a muscle relaxant along with the pain killer.

I had been on birth control since I was 15... but went off for good about 9 months ago. Birth control DOES significantly cut down on pain levels. But it does get your hormone levels messed up. I loved knowing when my period would come and that I wouldn't be in unbearable pain, but at the same time, I did not want to be on synthetic hormones forever. So it is just a lose lose situation because I have tried everything else.

My IB profin dose seriously exceeds what you need... I take 800 mg every 6 hours. HA! It makes me sleepy but I still feel my cramps quite well... ugh.

Hopefully with some proper vitamins and supplements I can get this bag on track. And now Vlad is here, so he is going to make me a grilled cheese and then I'm gonna inform him about the list you all helped me make- food, heat, massage, sex. Yeaaa baby!! :graucho:

talk to your doctor about perscription naproxen sodium (it's basically a really big dose of aleve)...without it, i am in bed in the fetal position crying for four to six days out of the month. i take about 550 to 1000 mgs every six to eight hours depending on how bad i hurt. i don't have insurance anymore, so i actually just take over the counter naproxen sodium until it equals that dosage (three to five pills)...make sure you take it with milk or food, otherwise it could hurt your stomach

and those sticky heating pads that sunshine was talking about are AMAZING...they're usually in the pads/tampon/lady aisle. they don't show under your clothes (unless you're wearing SUPER tight stuff...and who would want to in that condition anyway!) and seriously help.

i hope you feel better!! cramps are the WORST.