Woman Pregnant for 60 Years With Her Dead Child

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. (please move if i posted that in the wrong forum)

STUNNED doctors discovered a woman complaining of stomach ache had been carrying her unborn child for 60 YEARS.

Huang Yijun, 92, of Huangjiaotan, southern China, was told by medics in 1948 that her child had died in the womb.
    Doctors demanded £100 to remove it, so she walked away.
    She said: "It was a huge sum at the time - more than the whole family earned in several years so I did nothing and ignored it."
    But the secret emerged when Huang hurt her stomach and went to hospital for a scan.
    Dr Liu Anbin at Qingshen hospital said: "I couldn't believe my eyes when I discovered she had a baby in her belly.
    "I've been a doctor for more than 40 years and it's the first time I have seen something like this."
    Now medics are carrying out further tests to see if Huang needs an operation to remove the baby.
    Consultant Xu Xianming, director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at the hospital, said: "Normally a dead foetus would decay. It's very rare that Huang can be so healthy."

[​IMG]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

2. Holy cow!! :wtf:

3. Scary and nasty at the same time :s

4. that is freaky!! how could she just walk away and leave it in there?? WOW!! :faint::faint:

5. I cannot BELIEVE that she survived that and even more, that she wouldn't have tried some home remedy to abort the fetus. I can understand not having the money to remove it (she was probably from a rural poor area), but that would creep me out to know that a baby was there... I guess that's one form of birth control... but is it? she probably still ovulated.... or maybe not? Way, way weird! (if it's true).

6. That is gross! Sad, but gross! :throwup:

7. I saw another woman on TLC that same thing she had her baby die and it calcified in her stomach they cut it out like 30 or more years later

8. Oh my gosh.....:wtf:

I couldn't imagine. I don't know how that didn't creep her out, having a dead child in her for all that time.

9. I feel really sorry for her actually... 100 pounds all those years ago and as she said, that would be several years of salary. She didn't have a medical choice, but it's amazing that nothing horrible happened. At this point and her age, WHY do anything about it other than to study it for science. She's 92... she could die from any surgery now.

10. :wtf:

11. I saw that too; they called the baby a "stone" baby.

12. holy cow---I am shocked. :wtf:

could you imagine living with that all these years? wow.

13. Oh my God that's so awful. Imagine the loss of a child, then the inability to pay to have it removed, then to live with it for 60 years. Poor woman, it's truly sad.

14. omg how awful

15. OMG:wtf: